Chapter 28

As they were walking through the corridor, Kevin called out from behind, "Wait, Reagan! Where do you think you're going?"

They all stopped and turned behind except for Reagan, "Not now, Kevin," He shook his head as he continued to walk.

"She needs to know, Reagan!" Reagan stopped in his tracks as Kevin raised his voice, Reagan closed his eyes and took a deep breath, he then turned to face him with a dark glare directed at him but Kevin refused to back down.

"Let's not talk about this here," Reagan growled in response.

"No, we need to talk about it, and more importantly, we need to have this talk with her," Kevin's glare intensified.

"Not now Kevin!" Reagan's voice sent chills down their spine, they all gulped as the air turned tense.

"Wait a minute, what's going on?" Lia was the one to ask, "What does who need to know?" She narrowed her eyes at her mate, then at her brother, "Care to explain what's going on? Why was Alex covered in blood? What's going on between you guys?"

"It's none of your business," Reagan gave a cold look to his sister he then shifted his gaze at Kevin, "You come with me," He gritted his teeth as he turned his back and began to walk away.

"None of my business?" Lia gaped at her brother's words, she rolled her eyes, "this guy!" She was about to follow him when Tyler pulled her back, "Didn't you hear him?" He whispered to her, "With that tone, if he asked you to stay out of it, then stay out of it!" He warned her.

Kevin let out an exasperated sigh as he began to walk out, just then Lia held his arm, "What's going on?" She asked.

"As your brother said, it's none of your business," He answered her in a cold voice before shrugging her hands off him, he then went after Reagan.

Lia waited until they were out of sight, she then went after them.

"Lia!" Tyler tried to follow her but he a pair of hands pulled him back, "What?" He looked at Conner.

"We need to talk," She told him.

"Not now, Con," He tried to get away but she pulled him back.

"You're not getting away," She pulled him inside the room.

He rolled his eyes as he heaved a sigh, knowing that she wouldn't let him off before they had their 'talk' he quietly obliged, taking a seat, he asked, "So what's this talk?"

"Who is she?" Conner narrowed her eyes at him.

"Who she?" Tyler raised his brows in confusion.

"Your mate," She replied.

"What?" Tyler's eyes widened in horror, the color drained from his face but he masked his expression quickly, "I don't have one."

"You said you had one last time," Conner eyed him accusingly.

"I only said everyone has one not that I have one," He retorted.

"But-"

"Even if I had one, I haven't found her yet, happy?" He shrugged.

"You haven't?" She raised her brows at him.

"Nope," he shook his head, "why are you asking me about this anyway?" He frowned.

"Cause you're my best friend and I need to be the first one to know if you ever get yourself a girlfriend, okay?"

"Okay, fine," He nodded, "Now can I go?" He asked.

"Why? Can't you just stay with me?" She asked.

His eyes widened in surprise.

"Sarcasm," She immediately replied, "You can go now, hmm?" She showed him the door.