Chapter 62

Storming out of the room, he marched outside, "Alpha-" his beta tried to report to him, he silenced him by raising his hand, "later," he muttered as he strode to his house, he needed to see her right now, he had to hold her in his arms, with a loud bang he opened the door to his room which made the insiders flinch, "What's wrong?" Tyler stood up from the chair but Reagan's eyes were only at her, marching in, he grabbed her and crashed his lips onto hers. 

"Reagan," She muttered against his lips but he slipped his tongue inside savoring her taste. 

"Okay, we got the message," Tyler coughed in response and gestured at Lia, with that they quickly walked out leaving the couple by themselves. 

She tried to back away but slipping his hand to the nape of her neck, he held her in place as he kissed her hard.  The thumping of her fist against his chest didn't stop him either, 'Stop it!'She shouted in his mind, 'Stop, you idiot! I can't breathe!'  she shouted, it then dawned on him, he froze in his place, she clung to him as she tried to catch her breath, "Are you trying to kill me?" She yelled at him after she gained her strength. 

"I'd never," he pulled her into a tight hug, "I would never," He repeated with a trembling voice. 

"You're scaring me," She admitted as she stood there in confusion. 

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," He quickly apologized. Sensing something off, she slowly wrapped her arms around him, "Seriously... What's wrong?" she asked him rubbing his back.

"Why do you have to suffer? Why does it have to be you?" His voice choked as he tightened his arms around her. 'I am a monster, I don't want to be a monster,' Her crying face flashed before his eyes. "I won't let you turn into one, I swear," He mumbled against her hair. 

"Won't what?" She asked him as his last words didn't reach her ears. 

"I won't let you leave me," He broke the hug and looked into her eyes. 

"I never said I was," She cocked her head to the side. 

"Good," He patted her head before walking out of the room. 

"What the hell is wrong with him?" She stood there dumbfounded. 

***

"That woman is a monster!" One of the men shouted out.

"What they said was true, she killed him off without even batting an eye," The other one shouted. 

"Shut up will you?" One of Reagan's men threw him on the ground and stepped on him. 

Reagan then entered with murderous intent, suddenly everyone went quiet. 

"Your wound-" His beta tried to express his concern but Regan cut him in the middle, "it's not a big deal," he muttered as he glanced at his bandaged arm, though there wasn't even a scratch he still had to put on an act, he can't let others know, not even his own men and especially not in front of the mad haters of his mate. 

"I could have you executed for trying to harm my Queen," He spoke with a cold voice, "but as your King, in respect of the pact between our packs, I'm still obliged to hear you out for your insolent behavior," he glared at the men who knelt before him. 

"It's the Vampires, my king," One of them spoke, "They have been going around and destroying and wiping out the packs, today they killed our Alpha and destroyed our homes," The other spoke as tears streamed down his face. "They spoke of a woman, they said if we were to hand her over to them, they'd leave us alone." He added.

"And you came here like a fool to attack my mate, hadn't you heard about her being your queen? Should I take this as an act of rebellion against your king?" 

"No, your highness, we were only here to ask for your help but the man who attacked her had his wife and children raped and murdered in from of his eyes that's why he lost his mind as soon as he saw her highness," The man explained. 

"What are you giving her that respect for? She's nothing but a witch who has bewitched you, your highness, please open your eyes and see the truth!" the other man yelled out. 

"Ah, it's this thing again, who spreads this kind of rumor, bewitched? You must take very lightly of your King, then?" Reagan raised his brow at them. 

"Of course not, your highness, forgive him, he's not in his right mind," The previous man bowed down his head. 

"Is it so?" He stared hard at the man who gave in quietly. "I'll consider your apology, then," Reagan nodded. 

"Let's get back to the point, when did this start? Vampires raiding the packhouses? Why haven't I heard of it?" Reagan questioned them. 

"We only found out now," His beta responded, "they seem to be going and destroying our forces since the cave incident," He added in a low voice. 

"Please help us," the men lowered their heads begging for his support, "We're threatened, we're worried they might come after us again." 

He heaved a sigh as he got from his seat, he walked away from them with his men as they involved in a discussion, "We don't exactly know when and where they'll appear," His beta heaved a sigh, "if we go to one they might attack others." 

"It might be a trap too, I don't trust them," Tyler shook his head.

"I second that," All his men nodded in agreement. 

"We still can't deny the happening of the incident, you investigated yourself right?" Reagan looked at his beta. 

"Yes," he nodded, "but I won't deny of them being suspicious," he added. 

"That's fine, we can work with caution, we'll split into groups and go to everyone's place if the Vampires aren't there, you're to safely guide them here," Reagan told them, "Also we can't have our pack left vulnerable so, you're going to stay behind with your troupes," he looked at his female beta, she nodded in response. "Considering the chances it might be a trap, you all are to keep your guards up and return home safely," he commanded. 

"Yes, Alpha," They received his orders. 

*** 

"you're going where?" Alexa raised her brows at him, "There's been trouble with the packs around us so we have to go for their help," he explained. 

"Let me join too," She suggested. 

"No," He replied firmly, "You've gone through a lot past few days, just stay back and have a proper rest," He patted her head. 

"Excuse me? You think I can't go with you? don't you remember I was the one who got everyone out of that cave? You're still underestimating me?" She narrowed her eyes at him. 

"I'm not, I know you're very capable, you've grown powerful, even more than me maybe, but I need you to stay here since we're taking a majority of our soldiers, we can't leave the pack vulnerable, hmm? So I'm leaving them in your hands." He tried to convince her. 

"You sure know how to talk," She nodded, "Fine, in your absence, I'll look after your people, your highness,"  She dramatically placed her hand on her chest and bowed to him. 

"I'll be counting on you, your highness," He placed a quick kiss on her lips before he left.