Chapter 45

"I..." her voice trembled, "it's okay," He placed his hand on her head and guided her, the smell of his blood tickled her nose, her eyes glowed dark red, nibbling on his soft skin, she pierced her fangs on the nape of his neck. The taste of his blood was different, the sweet heavenly taste drove her crazy that she couldn't stop herself and she sank her fangs deeper.

"Alex, it hurts," She heard him whisper but she just couldn't let go, she wanted more and more, "Alex..." he muttered trying to push her away but she didn't budge, when finally she came to her senses, she found him lying lifeless on the ground and his blood, stained her hands, she screamed out loud.

She gasped and opened her eyes, "what's wrong?" Reagan asked as he pulled her in his arms. Tears filled her eyes, "You're okay," She sighed with relief. "I'm fine, I'm here right with you aren't I?" He caressed her cheek. "Go back to sleep," He placed soft kisses on her eyelids.

She snuggled closer and hugged him tightly, a small smile tugged on his lips as he wrapped his arms around her, she had bitten him and drank his blood but she was able to stop herself before anything could go wrong.

The sound of his heartbeat that made her anxious the previous night now gave her a sense of relief, listening to his heartbeat she fell asleep.

The next morning, Reagan woke up by the footsteps of people outside the house, he slowly moved Alex's head to the pillow and covered her with the blanket, placing a kiss on her forehead, he walked out.

Alexa stirred in her sleep and turned to her side, she smiled opening her eyes but her smile soon vanished when she didn't find Reagan, she frowned as she looked around the room, she got up and walked to the door, just as she was about to open the door, a voice called out to her, she turned her head in the direction of the sound and found the red woman in the mirror, the same scene unfolded in front of her eyes, the red woman had Reagan on her feet, she rose her sword and pierced her sword right through his heart but this time something was different, this time Alexa saw the face of the woman as the red cloak dropped off her head, her breath hitched as she saw herself in the mirror, the woman who had stabbed Reagan was no one else but her, she started hyperventilating when another woman came from behind with a smirk on her face, "that's right, good girl," She patted her head as she looked right at Alex.

"No! NO!" Alexa yelled as she grabbed a vase and smashed it right into the mirror shattering it into pieces, she clutched her chest and dropped down on the floor, "NO! NO! NO!" She shook her head as she screamed out.

"Alex!" Kevin barged into the room and was shocked to see her screaming madly, "what the hell happened here?" He asked her as noticed the broken pieces of the glasses.

"Reagan, where is he? take me to him," She asked him, she tried to get up but her legs gave away. Kevin caught her just in time and supported her.

"Please take me to him, I need to see him, is he... okay? I need to see him, right now," She requested.

"He's fine, Alex, calm down," Kevin tried to make her understand, but she insisted to go, she only took a step forward, and then she lost her consciousness.

"No!" She woke up screaming out, Kevin was startled by her scream, he rushed to her side and looked at her with a worried expression, "Are you okay?" He asked her.

"Reagan," Her eyes searched for her mate but he was nowhere to be found, "Where's he?" She shouted.

"Enough already!" Kevin yelled at her, "Just calm down, he's gone back to the packhouse because they need him there," He explained, "He's absolutely fine, I saw him off before I came to see you and he can obviously take better care of himself, so just relax okay?"

"I... I'm sorry... I just..." She was so confused.

"It's okay, just calm down, take a deep breath, hmm?" He patted her back. "And tell me what the hell is going on?" He asked her.

She quickly averted her gaze, "uh-huh?" He narrowed his eyes at her, "Well, Alex, Reagan's not coming back until the evening so it's only you and me and we seem to have the entire day, I'm not letting you off the hook until you tell me what exactly is going on here?" He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at her.

After listening to everything, Kevin clicked his tongue, "Someone is playing with your mind," He shook his head.

"hmm?" She frowned.

"Isn't it obvious?" Kevin shrugged, "Why would you see something like that right before you get kidnapped? Didn't they take advantage of this and lures you in with Reagan's voice? And now this too," He explained it to her.

She then went back and recalled everything, the day they came here, she saw the woman and how she didn't snap out the entire day but again she felt the intense thirst at night, she also remembered the words the woman had spoken in her mind, how she constantly instigated her to harm Reagan, "yes Alex, kill him and quench your thirst," "You're thirsty Alex, you need blood and your prey is right in front of you, do not hesitate, just kill him!" Even the dream where she had killed Reagan and again the illusion created by the woman. Yeah, she was definitely playing with her mind, but why Reagan? She shook her head.

"Say, Kevin, you still have that thing with you? the thing that you brought yesterday?" She asked him.

"Yes, I left them here, must be there on the refrigerator," He shrugged.

"I want to try having them," She told him.

"You serious?" he raised his brows at her. "I don't think that's a good idea, what if you snap again?"

"I want to try it regardless, this time, I'll do my best, if someone is really playing with me, I refuse to be played by them, I'm done taking Reagan for granted if someone is targeting him because of me, I'll show them what exactly happens when you play with fire," Her voice reflected her anger, "No one touches what's mine and gets away with it," She shifted her gaze at Kevin.

Kevin smirked as he noticed her eyes had turned red, he could see the black aura she was emitting, he cleared his throat, "Sure, your highness," he responded as he turned his back to her, he beamed with pride seeing her finally awakening from her meek self, surely whoever is she planning to crush beneath her feet, lord save their as**es from her, he chuckled.