Chapter 32

*hi guys, thank you for reading, if you're enjoying it please press the like button :) and do post your comments to let me know your views on it :) *

"Alex!" Her head snapped in the direction of the voice, it was coming from the mirror, "Alex!" she ran to the mirror her eyes widened as she saw Reagan lying on the ground covered in blood, he clutched the right side of his abdomen fro where the blood was gushing out, "Alex!" he called out to her as he extended his hand towards her.

"Reagan!" She screamed out, tears streamed down her eyes as she tried to she extended her hand to him but her hand couldn't go inside the mirror, she ran her hands on the mirror but there was no way in, "Reagan!" She shouted out but there was nothing she could do to help, just then a sinister scraping sound pierced their ears, they turned their head to the direction of the sound, "No, she's coming," She heard Reagan mutter, "Run, Alex," he shouted to her.

"No!" She shouted in protest, "I'm not leaving," She shook her head, "why won't this..." She sobbed as she banged on the mirror. She paused when she saw a girl with a red cloak approaching Reagan with a sword in her hand which made the scrapping noise on the floor as she dragged it along.

"no!" Alexa shouted, "open up!" She shouted. The girl slowly raised her face, her eyes were hooded with the cloak, her lips slowly curved into a wicked smile as she dragged her sword in front, she then held it with her hands and raised it up in the air.

"No! Don't! Please!" Alexa begged but her pleas were unheard as the girl then pierced the sword right into his heart.

"No!" Alexa wailed.

"Alex!" She heard the voice from behind, she snapped her head at the direction of the voice, Reagan rushed to her side, grabbing her by her arms, "What's wrong?" He asked with a worried face.

She then turned her head to the mirror only to see their reflection on it, she then shifted her gaze back at him, "You..." With her trembling hands, she cupped his face, "You're fine... you're fine..." she broke into tears as she hugged him.

He was taken aback, he had come to check on her as he sensed something wrong, he knocked on the door but didn't get any answer instead he heard her scream, he banged on the door calling her out but when he didn't receive any answer, he broke in.

"What's wrong?" He asked wrapping his arms around her, without a word she continued to sob in his arms.

After a few minutes, they were seated on her bed, she had stopped crying but whimpered against him, "Feeling better?" He asked, "hmm," she responded, "Can't you tell me what happened?" He asked again but she just tightened her arms around him, he didn't mind her clinging to him but it was eating him to know what made her act like that, she refused to let him go also refused to utter a word about it.

The knock on the door gained his attention, he tried to move but she refused to let go, he blinked, there was a knock again, clearing his throat he answered, "Yes?"

"Sorry Alpha but can you please step out for a while?" He heard one of his subordinate from outside, he looked at her hand tightly clutching on to his shirt, he heaved a sigh and invited him in, "what's the matter?" Reagan asked him.

"there's... another murder," The guy hung his head as he reported. Reagan narrowed his eyes at him, "what?"

Her hands began to tremble again at his words, she tightened her grip so much that her knuckles turned white. He wrapped his hand around hers and rubbed her arms, "it's fine," he cooed in her ear. He then looked up at the guy and motioned him to wait outside.

The guy quietly obliged, he bowed to him and quietly went out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Reagan opened his mouth to speak, "don't go," she muttered.

"I-"

"Don't go," She lifted her head off his shoulder and looked him straight into his eyes.

He heaved a sigh, he then placed his hands on her shoulder and smiled at her, tears pooled in her eyes, "Don't..." She hung her head as tears stained her cheeks, he then cupped her cheeks, she closed her eyes as he planted a soft kiss on her forehead, he then moved on to her eyes kissing her tears away, "It's fine, I'll be right back, hmm?" He raised his brows, she opened her eyes and stared at him, she then pulled him to her kissing him on his lips, his eyes fluttered in surprise, "Stay," She whispered against his lips as she wrapped her arms around him pulling him closer, he smiled as he snapped out of it, cupping the nape of her neck he pulled her closer hungrily kissing her back. Breaking apart, resting his forehead against hers he wiped the moisture off her lips, "I won't let you take it back," He whispered, "I won't ," She whispered back. He dipped his head claiming her lips into another kiss, she smiled against his lips as she kissed him back with equal passion.

The knock on the door interrupted them, he rolled his eyes ignoring the noise he claimed her lips again. "Reagan!" It was Kevin. He sighed as he pulled back, resting his forehead against hers he clicked his tongue, "gotta go," he whispered. "Don't leave me," She protested clutching his shirt, he looked at her with a serious expression, "what's wrong?" he asked again.

"I'm scared," She admitted. "You're going to be fine," he caressed her cheek, "everything's fine," he tried to pacify her, "if you're still scared, I'll leave Kevin or Tyler with you, hmm?"

"No, no," She shook her head, "take them with you," She insisted.

"Are you sure?" He tilted his head to the side, "hmm," she nodded, "I'll call Conner, Murphy, and Lia, no take her with you too, if I get too scared I'll go to Adira." She answered.

"I'll send Lia over, she can stay with you along with others," He replied getting up on his feet, getting over to the door he paused, "Once I come back, you'll tell me the reason," He looked over his shoulder, "reason?" She raised her brows, "yes," He nodded. "Fine," She nodded.

***

The night was dark, with no moon in the sky, the stars blinked at them, they searched through the forest as they followed the stench of the blood, "Here!" One of them shouted the others followed, they gasped as they saw the bodies of the slaughtered werewolves, but this time the bodies were out in the open and there were no signs of any witch's curse carvings.

"they're rouges," Reagan announced after checking on them, "No witch carving? A different murder? I'm feeling like a homicide detective here, ah, man!" Tyler heaved a deep sigh.

"no, it's a serial murder," Reagan shook his head, "Remember this stench?"

"can't forget it," Kevin gagged again.

"Should've left you behind," Tyler clicked his tongue.

After hours of the search when they returned to the meeting house, the room was filled with tension, "Again, no signs, no leads, only murder!" Tyler pulled his hair in frustration.

Reagan feels something off as he is constantly thinking about the murder, 'the stench... rouges... the witch...'

He is then brought out of his thoughts by the knock on the door, everyone turns their head to the door, "Yes?" Adira answers.

"Reagan!" Lia enters the room in a panic, "Guys, Alex and Conner are missing."