Chapter 44

"She's conflicted," Lia spoke first breaking the silence. "Of course she is, you can't expect her to accept everything so easily, she's lived as a normal human, you can't expect her to drink the blood like she's drinking fruit juice," She scolded Kevin.

"I know!" He yelled, "But excuse me, who the hell do you think you are to expose yourself to danger like that?" He glared at her, "What if she attacked you then?"

"But she didn't right?" Lia retorted.

"Who am I trying to talk to?" He rolled his eyes.

"Excuse me, you're-"

"Stop it!" Reagan intervened.

"But-"

"Kevin is right, Lia, don't do anything stupid again," He warned her, "I appreciate your trust in her but don't repeat this again, Alexa wouldn't like it either," His gaze softened as he explained, "You'll end up hurting her more," He added. "Anyway, you guys should leave, I'll stay with her."

Lia was about to protest but sighed in defeat and went away, Kevin shifted his gaze at Reagan, "If she keeps denying everything like this, she'll end up hurting herself," He warned him, "You know that happens quite often, even I had gone through the same phase, try to feed her again I've left some packets behind if nothing works then... only you'll be able to help her, the blood of her mate, she won't be able to reject."

Saying this Kevin too went away, Reagan heaved a deep sigh and went inside the house, he stared at the door, he then turned around and leaned against the wall and slid down, resting his head behind he closed his eyes.

He woke up startled by the noise, getting up on his feet he knocked on the door, "Alex?" He called out to her, he heard the crashing noise again, "Alex, please, open the door," he knocked again.

When he didn't hear anything, he broke in, "Alex?" His eyes scanned the room, all the things were thrown on the ground and Alexa was hiding in the corner.

He walked to her and sat down next to her, she slowly raised her face and looked at him, "I can never be normal, isn't it?" She asked, "Oh wait, as Kevin said, this is my normal," She scoffed as tears filled her eyes.

"I swear I tried, I didn't want to give up, I didn't want to be like this, I know everyone needs me, I know it all but I just feel like I'm not cut for it, everything's slipping through my hand, how will I save anyone when I can't even..." She sobbed, "Are you disappointed in me?" She asked.

He shook his head and pulled her in his arms, "I'm sorry," She cried hugging him, "I tried, I don't want to give up but I just can't seem to accept this," She sobbed. His eyes then landed on the glass piece and he noticed the blood on the ground, "Alex," his voice shook, he broke the hug and cupped her face, "you?" He looked at her with questioning eyes, she raised her hand and cut her wrist right in front of him, "Alex!" He shouted. She whimpered, "It heals on its own," she muttered and in an instant, the wound closed up.

"Are you disappointed in me?" Her eyes questioned him, "I'm sorry, I couldn't be strong, I'm sorry I gave up, I tried to hold up but everything's slipping away, I'm sorry," She sobbed.

He hugged her, "No, I am sorry, I'm sorry for leaving you alone, I'm sorry," He held her tighter, he regretted leaving her alone, he shouldn't have, he should've been with her when she needed him the most.

Suddenly he was pushed away, "I'm sorry, please leave me alone," She whispered. "I am not leaving you alone," he shook his head, "Not when you need me," He added.

"Why don't you understand?" She glared at him with her red eyes, "I'm not sure that I won't attack you next, I'm barely holding on, please leave," She yelled at him.

"I promised that I'd make sure you won't harm anyone not even yourself and I'm not leaving you alone," he made himself loud and clear.

"Harm? You just saw it didn't you? I can't harm myself even if I want to and don't worry, I won't do it again, it's useless anyway, and besides there's nothing you can help me with anyway, there's nothing you can do about me," she shook her head, "So just leave me alone."

"No, there's something only I can do," he shook his head and closed the distance between them, he cupped her face and slowly leaned in for a kiss, she closed her eyes, the tears traced down her cheeks, her eyes snapped open and she pushed him away, "YOU!" She glared at him wiping her lips that were stained with his blood, "How could you!"

"There's only one option left, have my blood," he suggested.

"I can't! I won't!" She yelled.

"Don't be so stubborn," he tried to come closer but she crawled back, "Stay away!" She shouted, the taste of his blood had triggered the monster inside her, she feared if he came any closer, she'd lose her mind.

"I'm not offering myself as a sacrifice, I'm just lending you my blood," He repeated Kevin's words.

"You're doing exactly that, offering yourself as a sacrifice! Don't trust me so much, I don't have the confidence, I'm afraid I'll not be able to keep it," She shook her head, "Get out of here!"

"Fine, but I can ask you to trust me right?" He inched closer, she crawled back until her back hit the wall, "I promise you, you won't hurt me, I won't let you," He closed in and placed his hands on the wall, trapping her in between, "You trust me, don't you?" He asked.

She slowly nodded, "then have my blood, I'll keep both of us safe," he smiled at her as he rested his chin on her shoulder, he urged her to drink his blood.

"I..." her voice trembled, "it's okay," He placed his hand on her head and guided her, the smell of his blood tickled her nose, her eyes glowed dark red, nibbling on his soft skin, she pierced her fangs on the nape of his neck.