Chapter 37

The team was eagerly searching for the two girls, wolves scattered in different directions as they moved on from the area, they all halted when an agonizing scream pierced their ears. "What the hell was that?" Kevin narrowed his eyes in the direction of the sound. 

"That didn't sound good," Leah commented as she felt the goosebumps in her arms. 

"Good news is that that's a man's voice but I'm having a bad feeling about this," Kevin clicked his tongue. 

Tyler changed into his wolf form and ran in the direction where the voice came from.

"Everyone, after him," Reagan ordered his pack. 

***

"What the hell is going on here?" His voice roared shaking others to the core, Alexa's face darkened at his voice, she got up and turned to face him, "Welcome, dear king and his beloved guests, don't worry, you haven't missed out much, the party has just started," She announced with a smirk on her face.

"We were here to witness something else but the view is something else," One of the men scoffed as he looked at Reon, questioning his authority.  Reon glared at that man with murderous intent, the man went silent as he hung his head low in front of his king. 

"Oops sorry about that," she shrugged, "he invited you all for his purpose but now you all will serve mine," she announced as she stood in front of them. 

"Get her," Reon barked orders at his men who came at her in a second, She easily dodged them with a smile, "That's what I was saying," She then blocked the punch with her hands and crushed their fist in her palms, "Let the party begin," She shouted as the side of her lip curled up in a nasty smirk. 

The moment she said the words the lights began to flicker, they were confused, "let's play a survival game," She suggested as she tackled two of the wolves who charged at her. "So let's have a dark vision test?" She raised her brows at them and with that the light bulbs cracked one by one leaving them in complete darkness. Silence followed the darkness and then followed the scream of his men. 

"Innie minnie minie mo... innie minnie minie mo..." The soft whisper vibrated in their ears as the screams intensified, one by one they heard the thud sound of lifeless bodies crashing on the ground. "Innie minnie minie mo..." the pure excitement was evident in her voice as she killed her prey. 

They were all trying to look at her, find her but their night vision didn't help them at all, she was too fast to be noticed. They could only hear her whisper and anticipate the attack, they were helpless. All but one, Reon scoffed as his eyes glowed green, with a smirk he sent Alex flying away, she then crashed on the ground with a harsh sound. 

They were greeted by pin-drop silence, they then noticed her body rising up when she turned around the red glow in her eyes intensified,  "And here I was going to savor you at last," with this she came like a wind and threw him on the ground, she picked him up and threw him again, this time he screeched on the ground in his wolf form. They stood their ground glaring at each other, with a smirk they charged at one another, with the speed of lightning they crashed, jumping at the other end they glared at each other again, this time Alex smiled contentedly as She raised her blood-stained hand, the fake Alpha King coughed up blood from his mouth, looking down he realized he was gravely injured, shifting into his human form he collapsed on the ground, "some king you are," She mocked him. She laughed like a maniac as she went to attack him again. 

The smell of blood enticed her more, the sight of the blood gave her an adrenaline rush as she began her hunt again until none were left. Conner blinked as she finally gained consciousness, pin-drop silence greeted her, the atmosphere sent chills to her spine, The darkness had heightened her senses, all she could smell was the stench of blood in the passing air. 

"Alex?" She called the name of her friend but the reply didn't come, "Alex?" She slowly got up on her feet, only a few steps, she stumbled on something and fell on the ground, her hand felt wet, she slowly raised it closer to her eyes but couldn't figure it out, that's when she heard a rustle, "Alex?" She turned around suddenly she was thrown on the ground, she could feel the breath on her neck as the creature growled, "More, more," It screamed, "A human's blood," She heard the excitement in its voice as the night slowly faded into twilight, she saw the dreadful being covered up in the blood, as its fangs became evident to her eyes, she screamed out aloud. "Ahhhhh!!!"