Chapter 46

When Kevin brought her the glass of blood, her stomach churned again, No Alex! she shook her head, You can do it! She nodded as she slowly took a sip and within a second she was inside the washroom, vomiting her stomach out.

"Are you okay?" Kevin asked following her inside, "this is nothing," She muttered as she wiped her mouth.

At night, Alexa woke up panting, her breath grew heavier as her whole body started to burn, she was slowly losing it, "No, Alex, you can't," She shook her head as she curled her palm into a fist as she battled with herself. No, No! She screamed continuously inside her head to distract herself from the sound of Reagan's heartbeat beside her, beads of sweat formed on her forehead as she tried to restrain herself from attacking him but she was losing her senses, her eyes slowly turned red and her fangs started to descend, she slowly extended her hands which now had long nails ready to pierce his carotid, NO! She snapped back and pulled her hands immediately, she then crawled away from him and tried to reach the door, No! NO! She pulled her hands back, You have to control yourself, Alex! You have to! She continuously repeated in her mind as she leaned her head back against the wall and took a deep breath but it didn't work, the pounding in her ear just got louder as Reagan tossed in his sleep.

The blood rushed to her head making her dizzy, her eyes went blurry and the intense thirst, it was killing her, Blood! Blood! Her subconscious screamed as she laid her eyes on Reagan, "You're thirsty Alex," She then heard the voice of the very woman, "Yes, you need blood and your prey is right in front of you, do not hesitate, just kill him!" She ordered.

Alexa slowly closed her eyes, "Do not hesitate, go and quench your thirst, kill him, Alex, kill him," She could hear the voice right next to her, Alexa then smirked as her eyes snapped open, in an instant, she grabbed the woman by her neck and pinned her against the wall.

"You... How?" The woman was confused, she struggled to free herself from her grip, "trying to slip away again?" Alexa scoffed, "You can't," She clicked her tongue, "cause this time I caught the real you," Alexa smirked, "So this is where you live?" Alexa then ran her eyes around the place, it looked like some sort of a cave. The woman tried to use her hand but Alexa grabbed it and twisted it, turning her around she smashed her face on the wall, "Not so fast," Alexa clicked her tongue, she then tied her hands together with her magic.

The woman was surprised, "You seem to have cultivated more powers," She commented.

"Even I'm surprised by the things I'm capable of," Alexa scoffed, "Now, back to the point, who the hell are you? And what the hell do you want from me?" She asked as she threw an acid glare at her.

"Me? I'm your well-wisher," the woman shrugged.

"Don't you realize your position?" Alexa gritted her teeth as she used her magic and threw the woman across the cave, her body hit against the opposite wall and slid down on the ground. "Controlling my mind, trying to harm Reagan, A well-wisher? My foot! Why the hell are you after Reagan?" She questioned as she squatted down in front of her.

"I'm just trying to protect you from him," She confessed.

"Protect from whom?" She raised her brows in a mocking manner, "He's my mate!" She yelled.

"Mate?" The woman scoffed, "very soon you'll realize, he is the one who is most dangerous for you," She answered peering into her eyes, "Now I've had enough of your foolish games," the woman glared at her as she stood up on her feet, Alexa narrowed her eyes at her, the woman then smirked at her as she released her hand from the bind, Alexa's eyes widened in horror, "how?" She muttered.

"Cause I'm still a shadow," The woman's eyes glowed red and the darkness took over, Alexa screamed out aloud.

"Alex!" She heard Reagan's voice, she gasped as her eyes snapped open, "What happened?" The worried face of her mate came into her view, "Reagan..." She muttered, she then looked around and realized that she was back in her room.

"Are you okay?" he asked cupping her face, "yeah..." She muttered, she looked around again, that woman, where- Her train of thoughts was interrupted when Reagan pulled her close, "hmm?" She raised her brows, "What's going on?" He asked her.

"Nothing," She shook her head then quickly averted her gaze.

He narrowed his eyes at her, he then placed his finger under her chin and lifted her face making her look at him, "Are you hiding something again?" He looked at her with questioning eyes.

"I'm just trying to protect you from him,"

"very soon you'll realize, he is the one who is most dangerous for you,"

She was reminded of the words of the mysterious woman, she immediately shook her head, "It's nothing," She told him.

"Are you sure?" He eyed her suspiciously.

She then smiled as she cupped his face and placed a soft kiss on his lips, "I'm sure," She whispered. A mischievous smile played on her lips as she found his heart beat quickened up, he raised his brows at her, "what?"

She stood on her toes and kissed him again, he narrowed his eyes at her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, "Are you trying to distract me?" He stroked her cheek with the back of his fingers, she closed her eyes as she leaned into his touch, he smiled as he realized his effect on her was the same as she had on him, he then ran his thumb along her jaw, "You're hiding something, aren't you?" He asked.

"Hmm," She groaned as his thumb stroked the sensitive skin of her neck.

"What are you hiding, Alex?" He leaned in close and whispered in her ear, his hot breath sent a delicious shiver down her spine, "I..." She muttered, "yes, Alex?" His lips brushed against her ear, "that wom-" Her eyes snapped open as she realized what was he trying to do, "Yes, Alex?" He urged her to continue but instead she turned around and pushed him away, "You!" She clenched her fist as she glared at him, he raised his brows at her, "I already told you, didn't I? I'm not hiding anything!" She yelled at him, "You're the worst!" She then turned her heels and stormed out of the room.