Chapter 31

At the breakfast table, Reagan smiled as he buttered his bread, his gaze fixated on Alexa he took a bite of his breakfast, 'Won't you have your breakfast?' He asked her.

'Shut up!' She shouted as she glared at him across the table, the entire time she had her hands covering her ears. 'Stop getting inside my head!'

'I told you, it's the other way around,' he retorted.

'And what's the difference?' She asked.

'You can hear my thoughts but I can't hear yours, so I only hear when you project into my mind but you can hear all my thoughts because you're inside my head, got it?'

'It's so confusing! Anyway, how do I stop this?'

'I don't know!' He shrugged, she glared at him. 'How did you stop yourself from hearing my thoughts then?'

'Won't tell,' He chuckled.

'Why?'

'Because it's fun!' He stuck his tongue out, she was flabbergasted. 'I mean come on, I get to show how much I like you, uh-huh, love you,' he smiled at her.

'Stop!' She warned him.

'You don't realize but you look so cute when you're blushing,' He told her as he sipped the orange juice from his glass, the comment made her blush harder, 'and especially when the I am the reason,' he added with a chuckle.

"whoa! I've never seen you like this!" Tyler's comment made them snap their head in his direction.

"Me neither," Lia nodded in agreement. Reagan narrowed his eyes at them as those words were directed at him, "look I got the chills," Tyler rolled his shirt up to his elbow exposing the goosebumps on his forearm, "you never looked so creepy, Reagan, I'm scared!" Tyler hugged his arms.

"uh-huh?" Reagan narrowed his eyes at him.

"You look unusually happy today," Lia stated.

"That I am," he looked at Alexa suggestively. All the eyes then fell on Alexa, "Why are you all looking at me?" She grew nervous from unwanted attention. "Does that mean you guys patched up?" Conner asked with a wide grin on her face.

"Something like that," Reagan stated as he grabbed a bite of his toast.

"OOO!" They all hooted.

"Shut up!" Alexa shouted. "Whatever you're thinking it's not true," Alexa vigorously shook her head.

'And what are they thinking?' Reagan quirked his brows up, Alexa blushed furiously. "stop getting inside my head!" She yelled at him. 'I didn't hear anything, What were you thinking anyway?' He smiled at her teasingly.

"Oh wait, wait, bro, did you break your promise about not reading her thoughts without her permission?" Lia raised her brows at him.

"I didn't, it's not me but it's her reading my thoughts," He clarified.

"Whoa! I didn't think I'd get to see a day where your thoughts are going to be read by someone!" Tyler gulped.

"What can I say? We're slowly developing a bond," He winked at Alexa.

"oh, so that was the reason for your creepy smile," Tyler nodded.

"Of course my mate was confused over her feelings for me, she even had a doubt if my feelings were real so I'm going to use this opportunity to show her how real my feelings are for her, I get to lay my heart out to her" Reagan smiled at her.

"Ooh," everyone hooted again.

"Can someone please tell me how to stop this? because I'm not least interested in intruding into anyone's mind," she protested.

"That, you'll have to do on your own, no one can tell you how to control it," Adira sympathized with her.

Alexa heaved a sigh, "But why don't you take this opportunity to ask him what you asked me this morning? He can't dodge it now," Adira gave her a knowing smile.

Alexa then narrowed her eyes at him, 'You had something you wanted to ask? sure ask away,' He smiled at her.

'You told me we've met before, Adira told me the same but I'm the only one who doesn't remember it, when I asked you the last time you slipped away without answering, so tell me when did we meet?'

She waited but didn't get any reply, she raised her brows at him, he did the same, for a moment she was hopeful, 'you can't hear me?' She looked at him with hopeful eyes, 'The thing I want to let you hear are selective,' he replied.

"Hey!" She complained standing up from her seat. Everyone looked at her, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," She took her seat as she nervously smiled at them, she then glared at her mate across the table, 'if that was the case, why were you torturing me before? why don't you keep all your thoughts away from me?'

'I was happy I could finally bear my heart to you,' He gazed at her affectionately, she turned her head away pouting sulkily, he chuckled as he witnessed her ears turn red at his words.

'You're really cute' He chuckled keeping his thoughts to himself.

***

"That guy!" She sat on her bed pouting sulkily, the entire day, she couldn't help her eyes which kept on following him, which obviously drove him over the moon, he continuously teased her about the same.

"Can't you keep your thoughts to yourself?" She complained as she heard him confessing 1000th of time, "Why? Everyone here knows how deep my feelings run for you except for you, so I should keep on confessing to make you believe, don't I?" He winked at her.

She felt her cheeks heating up again, she fanned her cheeks with her hands "Was he always like this? No, he wasn't... or was he?" Her heart began to pound again. She heaved a sigh as she laid down on her bed facing the ceiling, "Should I just stop overthinking?" She tossed around, she kept her hand on her chest and felt the loud thumping against her chest, "Argh! I don't know!" She tossed again.

"Alexa!" She flinched when she heard an eerie voice call her name, she immediately got up from her bed and looked around, "What the hell was that?" She blinked.

She jumped when the voice called her again, "ALEXA!"

"Who?" She gulped as she looked around but no one was there, suddenly she saw something move from her side view, she slowly turned around to face the mirror, nothing was there, she slowly moved closer, suddenly a hand crawled out from the mirror and grabbed her wrist, she screamed out when the blood-stained hand tried to drag her inside, she immediately pulled her hand back she was thrown on the ground as the mysterious hand disappeared, she was terrified, she tried to stand up but her legs gave away, she heard the voice call her again, "ALEXA!"

"No!" She screamed out, she then crawled her way up to the door, she helped herself up leaning against the wall just as she was about to turn the doorknob she heard a familiar voice, "Alex!" Her head snapped at the direction of the voice, it was coming from the mirror, "Alex!" she ran to the mirror her eyes widened as she saw Reagan covered in blood, he clutched the right side of his abdomen fro where the blood was gushing out, "Alex!" he called out to her as he extended his hand towards her.

"Reagan!" She screamed out.