Chapter 56

The light beams disappeared at once and Alexa's body dropped on the ground, "yes, we did it!" The gang cheered but Carla began to laugh, "You morons, you helped me in a way, Now, nothing can wake her up, nothing," She laughed hysterically.

"Shit shit shit!" Tyler cursed as he punched the ground.

"Don't tell me..." Lia trailed off as she looked at the lifeless body of her best friend.

***

"I don't have time for this!" Reagan turned to go but the voice laughed.

Just then an arrow was shot at him, he swiftly dodged it, "You'll continue to hide? You coward!" Reagan shouted.

Another arrow came flying at him, making Reagan lose his mind, "Fine!" He shouted anger reverberated in his voice, his eyes turned golden yellow as a thick aura radiated from his body, making the arrow disappear in thin air before it could hit his body.

The masked man then struck his staff on the ground creating a strong magnetic field, but Reagan stood there unfazed as his eyes searched for his prey.

Just when the man was about to strike his staff again, Reagan's ears perked up and he glared in the direction of the sound, with a single moment he grabbed hold of the man's throat but the man disappeared instantly only with his black cloak left behind.

Reagan raised his head up and glared at the man flying right above him, just as the man was about to wave his staff, the staff was pulled away from him, "Telekinesis," The man muttered as he found the staff on Reagan's hand. He scoffed as he disappeared again, the staff too disappeared with him, Reagan growled in frustration.

"This is getting on my nerves now!" Reagan rolled his eyes as he swiftly moved to the other side of the crypt and then grabbed hold of the man and thrashed him on the wall. The mysterious man raised his brows in surprise, "Your disappearing skill was good but I'm tired of these petty tricks!" He glared at the man tightening his grip around his neck, "Now let's just end this, shall we?" Reagan gritted his teeth as he threw the man on the floor.

Just as he was about to take a step toward him, he paused, he swiftly turned around as he felt something wrong, "Alex?" he called out to her but he didn't get an answer, moreover, he couldn't even feel her presence.

Taking the opportunity, the man attacked him and threw him on the ground, he then placed his foot on his opponent's chest and glared at him, "You don't have the luxury to get distrac-" He froze in his place as the realization hit him, 'Something's off!' He turned to go but Reagan pulled him back, "What the hell just happened?" He grabbed him by his throat and questioned him.

The man jerked his hands off and then disappeared from there.

He appeared next to Alexa who laid unmoving on the ground, "This..." He muttered as he ran his eyes around, he then witnessed Carla laughing hysterically while the others looked at her in horror.

Lia's voice trembled, "we didn't actually mess up, right? Alex, she'll be okay, right? She is okay, right?"

The mysterious man then shifted his gaze at them, his eyes were bloodshot, "Die!" He muttered as the anger inside him released out, a blackish hue formed around him, "Die!" he shouted as he walked to them, they were slowly raised above the ground, and then they were thrown against the opposite walls, bouncing back they bumped against each other and dropped down on the ground.

Just as he was about to throw his staff on them, the staff stopped midway in the air, "I don't remember allowing anyone to hit my best friends," Hearing the familiar voice, the gang heaved a sigh of relief, "Alex!" they cried in delight.

"Are you guys okay?" Alexa rushed to her friends.

"Thank goodness, you're okay," Lia hugged her best friend.

"Let's save the hearty reunion for later, he's getting away!" Kevin shouted as he moved quickly but the man scoffed at them, picking up the hairpin from the middle of the summoning circle he stared right into Alexa's eyes, "Until next time," He muttered before disappearing into thin air.

Carla tried to sneak out without getting noticed, but she was pulled back by Tyler, "Going somewhere?" he grabbed her shoulder and then thrashed her to the ground, "Now, tell us who the hell was he and what the hell were you trying to do?" He squatted down in front of her, his face darkened as he questioned her.

"I bet she doesn't know anything," Alexa replied from behind as she motioned with her hand, using her powers she knocked Carla unconscious, Tyler looked over his shoulder and raised a brow at her. "They were just using her-" She came to an abrupt halt as suddenly she lost her balance, Lia quickly supported her, "You're okay?" She asked with a concerned look.

"Yeah..." Alexa tried to assure her but her legs gave away, she closed her eyes wincing in pain.

"Alex?" Kevin came to her side and peered into her face.

Alexa slowly opened her eyes and shook her head, "I'm fine, I am just a little dizzy, used too much power I guess," She smiled weakly.

"We should go home," he nodded as he helped her on her feet.

"What do we do about them?" Tyler heaved a sigh as he pointedly looked at their unconscious men, "Oii, get up already!" Tyler kicked them, trying to wake them up.

Kevin cocked his head to the side, "Wait, where's Reagan?"

"Now that you've mentioned it, didn't he disappear with that guy before?" Tyler looked around for the trace of their Alpha King but he was nowhere.

'Reagan?' Alexa closed her eyes and called out to him.

'Just give me a minute, I'll be there,' He whispered back.

"I know where he is," Alexa opened her eyes, "I'm fine now," She separated herself from her friends and stood tall facing the wall, she then extended her hands in front and closed her eyes in concentration, her face distorted in pain as she used her powers, the light shined from the wall and in next second it started to crumble down. The cave started to shake by the impact, "oh-oh, we need to get out," Tyler shouted.

The cave was crumbling down, Tyler threw his head up as the rocks started to fall down on them, "Damn!" he muttered a curse as he quickly grabbed a few of his men and threw them over his shoulder, "Go and help him, Kevin... you guys... get out of here," Alexa told them as she continued to break the spell.

"What about you and Reagan?" Lia asked her, "We can't leave you guys," She shook her head.

"Hurry up!" Tyler shouted as the roof started to fall off, Alexa used up her powers to shield them all from the impact, "Just go!" Alexa shouted.

"They can take care of themselves, you come with me," Kevin grabbed Lia's hands and pulled her along, "We need your help here," he then let go of her hand and picked up their unconscious men, "Lia," He nudged her, "We don't have time," he reprimanded her.

Lia heaved a deep sigh and nodded, "fine," She then helped him bring the guys out of the cave.

Alexa struggled with her powers as she tried to save everyone, "Just a little more," She whispered as she broke through the wall, the wall crumbled down to dust, and finally, Reagan's face came into her view, "Thank goodness," Her words came out as a whisper as her legs gave away, the darkness engulfed her as her body hit the ground.