Chapter 51

Tossing and turning over in her bed, she couldn't sleep a wink. At the break of dawn, she got off her bed and went out for a walk.

"Hmm, this feels good," She inhaled the fresh morning air as looked down at the river, standing at the edge of the cliff.

Rubbing her hands together she placed her warm hands on her cheeks as she stared at the twilight sky.

"This would make a good spot for a date, maybe I'll invite him next time," She smiled to herself, "or maybe not," She vigorously shook her head as the memory of their makeout flooded back in her mind. Her face grew so hot the winter breeze was no longer cold.

"Okay," She slapped her cheeks and took a deep breath, "let's just head to the training ground."

***

"I give up! I give up! Spare me, please!" Tyler screamed out aloud as Alexa picked him up in the air, she spun him around before finally thrashing him on the ground.

Dusting her hands with a wide grin, "So, who's next?", she turned her gaze at other werewolves. She pointedly looked at Kevin and motioned him to get on the ground.

"I don't enter the battle knowing I'll lose," He shook his head.

"Oh come on," Alexa pouted sulkily.

Just then she heard few footsteps from behind, "Oh look who's here, why don't you invite him instead?" Kevin suggested looking past her.

"hmm?" Alexa turned around and saw Reagan along with his beta coming their way. As soon as she saw them, she felt her temperature shoot up, her face turned beetroot when the men stood right in front of her.

"Ah, I just remembered I had something to do," she scratched her head as she fumbled for words, "Something... hmm... important?" She gave them a nervous smile and then dashed away.

Kevin raised his brows in suspicion as he watched her run away, his gaze then stopped at Reagan who just shrugged in response.

***

"Ah! This is pure bliss!" Conner sighed dreamily as she leaned against the tree. "Why doesn't he appear in our training like that?" She complained as she gawked at the shirtless Reagan training his pack.

Tyler suddenly popped in front of her, blocking her view, "Excuse me?" He glared at her. "How can you still be obsessed over him when you have me here?" He drew his brows together.

"Why should it end? Let me state my priorities, my number one is still Jacob, number two is still Mr. Alpha King, now excuse me, you're blocking my view." She slapped his shoulders and pushed him aside.

"What about me then?" He enquired.

"You're number three," She stated.

"uh-huh?" He glared at her with his hands on his hips. "We need" He placed his hands on the sides caging her against the tree, "to set your priorities again," His aura dominated her.

Conner gave him a nervous smile, "wait, wait," She cleared her throat, "Priorities are still the same, instead..." She flashed a bright smile, "only number three gets this, you know," She threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly. His irritation vanished in a second. "I guess I don't mind then," A smile tugged on his lips as he wrapped his arms around her.

"How sweet," she pulled back and placed a quick peck on his lips, "now, move," She pushed him away and resumed admiring her view.

Suddenly, the atmosphere went grim as a dark deadly aura dominated them, the other girls who were there quickly dispersed as it became harder for them to breathe, Tyler then cleared his throat and whispered to Conner, "I don't mind being number three, but I think your number two's number one minds," He patted on her shoulder and then gestured at Alexa who came and stood right next to them.

"Hey Alex," Conner greeted her with a nervous smile, indeed her presence was so strong she could barely keep her legs straight.

"Hmm," Alexa nodded but her eyes were still on Reagan, 'What the hell do you think you're doing?' She glared at Reagan. After finishing their training, Reagan and his men walked to them, Alexa shyly shifted her gaze to the ground.

"Hello, Mr. Alpha King," Conner smiled and greeted, Reagan, returned the greeting with a smile. Alexa, slowly raised her head, and just then her eyes met his, she was about to greet him when he simply walked past her.

"Did he just..." Alexa trailed off as she looked at his figure disappearing from her view.

***

"Are you that happy?" Tyler looked at the smug look on Reagan's face, the bastard was in clouds nine, "Seriously, what can I do to remove that stupid grin on his face?" Tyler crossed his brows in irritation.

"Let him just be," Kevin heaved a defeated sigh, "Let the dog enjoy his day," He nodded.

The entire day, Alexa had been watching him from a distance making Reagan the happiest man in the world, The Alpha King was finally getting his queen's attention and he was loving every bit of it. Few girls came and stopped in front of them, but immediately walked away being unable to bear the piercing gaze of his mate.

"Who would've thought a day like this would come?" Tyler clicked his tongue.

"Seriously?" Reagan's beta number two glared at him, "Why are we under her radar too?" She complained, "We can't focus on our work, Alpha," She heaved a deep sigh.

"Can't you get the message? 'Stay away from my man!' Her glare is burning the hell out of my skin too," Tyler complained.

At the end of the day, Tyler stomped his feet whining, "Seriously Reagan! This is so overbearing! Just go and talk to her and make her stop already, my energy's drained, I can't bear her aura anymore!"

"Frankly, it's getting overbearing for me too," Reagan heaved a defeated sigh and stood up from his seat.

As he was going his way, Alexa came and stood in front of him, blocking his path.

"Hi to you too, Alex," Reagan smiled at her, she narrowed her eyes at him. He then walked past her but suddenly she came in his way, as they were about to bump, Reagan immediately stepped away almost stumbling in the process.

Alexa was dumbfounded.

"Sorry, Alex, I'll talk to you later," He gave her a nervous smile and walked away.

Alexa turned her head to her friends, "Just to make sure that I wasn't mistaken, did you guys just see what I saw? Did he just bluntly avoid me?" She cocked her head to the side.