Chapter 43

"Anybody here?" Alexa shouted but her voice was only returned by the empty cave. "Where the heck am I?" She frowned as she looked around.

Just then the sides of her eyes caught the sight of a woman, she then heard her voice, the same woman in the red cloak, "Welcome!"

Alexa kept her guard up, "You..." She narrowed her eyes at her. 

"How are you feeling Alex?" The woman asked her. 

"what does that mean?" Alexa frowned. 

Suddenly she felt a burning sensation throughout her body, "What the hell did you do to me?" She shouted, her mouth went dry and she felt the intense thirst, "What..." She trailed off as she began to wheeze, her eyes went blurry as she fell on the ground. 

When she opened her eyes she saw the ceiling, she abruptly got up and looked around and noticed Reagan next to her, Just a dream," She heaved a sigh of relief, but it was short-lived as she felt her body burning up again, her eyes went blurry and the thirst it was killing her, she could hear the thumping sound, turning her head her eyes landed on Reagan, the thumping sound of his heartbeat pounded in her ear, "yes Alex, kill him and quench your thirst," The woman spoke in her mind.

 Alexa's eyes glowed red and she was about to attack him when she stopped, No! She closed her eyes, "You're thirsty Alex, you need blood and your prey is right in front of you, do not hesitate, just kill him!" The voice spoke again. 

"Just shut up!" She yelled back and the voice was shunned. 

She looked at Reagan but it came back again, her mouth went dry, she gulped as she tried to control herself, "no, Alex, don't," she shook her head. She clenched her fist and dug her nails into her palm but she was losing it, she then got off the bed and ran out.

In the middle of the night, Reagan opened his eyes because of a noise, he panicked when he didn't see Alex with him, "Alex?" He ran out searching for her. He relaxed when he could sense her presence, he slowly followed the path and at the end of it, he saw Alex, he heaved a sigh of relief when he reached close to her he then noticed the corpse of an animal next to her, she slowly raised her head and whispered in a trembling voice, "I did it again," Tears fell from her eyes. He squatted down in front of her, pulling her into a hug, he comforted her.

The next day,

"So you felt an intense thirst?" Kevin asked her, she nodded, "it was as if my whole body was on fire and then..." She trailed off, "Okay, then all you have to do is quench your thirst," Kevin suggested. 

Alexa narrowed her eyes at him, "Why are you looking at me like that? After all this, you're still going to deny your identity? You can't do that Alex, just accept the fact that you're a Vampire, that would ease all our lives," He told her. "You need to have your fill so that you don't go on a rampage," He added, "and it's not that you're killing anyone, they lent you on their own and you're just borrowing it," He took out the packets of blood from his pocket and poured them into a glass, "here, have it in a go," He offered her the glass.

Normally she would have lost her senses by the smell of the blood but this time her stomach churned and she rushed to the nearest bathroom and vomited.

The next day,

"Come on, Alex, try a sip and you'll feel good," Kevin came to her with the glass of blood in his hand, "It's fresh you know," he added.

"That's real blood you've got there Kevin, don't talk as if you've picked the fresh fruits and made that!" She retorted.

"Oh come on, this is way too precious than any other fruit," He told her, "You don't even know how difficult it is to get your hands on these," He shook his head. 

Alexa's eyes changed to red and she slowly walked to him, Kevin smiled at her, "now, now," He offered her the glass, she took the glass and gulped it down but her thirst wasn't quenched, she needed more, she wanted more, "Alex?" Kevin tilted his head to the side, she slowly raised her head, her eyes now glowed red and her fangs descended, "More..." she whispered. 

"oh-oh," Kevin frowned, he thought now she would go for his head but instead she turned her heels and ran to the bathroom and vomited again. She writhed in pain as her mind was torn between her vampire instincts and her human conscience, even if she couldn't deny her identity, she couldn't accept the fact that she'll have to feed on blood to survive. 

"NO! NO! NO!" She shouted as she threw things away. 

Lia and Regan rushed to them, "What's wrong?" She looked at Kevin. 

"This is going to be tough," He clicked his tongue. 

"Alex," Reagan called out to her and was about to take a step forward when she detached the washbasin and threw it towards their side, which crashed right on their feet, "Don't come near me!" She yelled. 

Just then the sound reached her ear, 'pat' 'pat' the sound of the blood dropping on the ground, her head snapped in the direction, she gulped as she noticed Lia's bleeding hand. Alexa instantly shut her eyes to avoid the sight but the sound of the dripping blood kept on calling her when she opened her eyes, it had changed again and her fangs descended, Regan and Kevin shielded Lia, but Lia pushed them away, "Are you mad?" Kevin glared at her. 

"It's okay, I trust you, Alex," She looked at her best friend. 

Tears blurred her vision, she tried to shook off the desire for the blood but she couldn't, "Don't," Alexa shook her head, "please, don't," She dropped on the ground, she was barely holding on, she had been trying her best to control herself but she couldn't as she instantly stood up in front of Lia growling at her, she then held on the sides of the door with all her might, it was beginning to give away, it started separating from the wall and before it could fall on them, they moved away, "Get her away!" She screamed. 

Kevin grabbed Lia's wrist and took her away from there, "You should go too, I want to be alone," Alexa's voice choked as she turned her back to Reagan, she ran to her room and locked herself inside.