Chapter 48

As Tyler was busy blocking Conner's view, Kevin came to Alexa's side and asked her, "So, how are you feeling walking amongst them all?" He wiggled his brows at her. 

"You mean walking amongst my food?" Alexa returned a sarcastic smile, "It'd be hard but I'll survive," She shrugged. 

"Finally!" Kevin wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gave her a gentle squeeze, "Someone finally understands my feelings," He said in a dramatic manner, "walking and living amongst your food is so unbearable," He clicked his tongue. 

"Yeah, yeah, poor us," Alexa raised her hand and patted his cheek. 

Suddenly Kevin removed his hands around her and smiled at her nervously, "I better move away," He said as he looked at Reagan pointedly. 

"Seriously?" Alexa raised her brows at Reagan who was glaring in their direction, he then shrugged and made his way, but his feet stopped as they heard a growl from behind. 

The huge commotion from the woods gained their attention, "What was that?" Alexa frowned. 

"Ah! Someone's here again," Tyler growled as he clenched his fist in anger, in an instant the atmosphere was heavy as the guys around them radiated murderous intent. 

"Let's go and greet our guests," Reagan had a sinister smile on his face and he walked ahead while others followed him, Alexa stood there confused, "What's going on?" She asked turning her head to Conner and Murphy who were the only ones left behind.

"hmm..." Murphy hesitated. 

"Hmm?" Alexa raised a brow at him. 

"It's about that incident," He rubbed the back of his neck as he mentioned the incident in a low voice. 

"What about it?" Alexa frowned. 

"The massacre, the ones who got killed were members of important packs and now each day we're dealing with them," Murphy heaved a deep sigh, "But it's tough, even for the Alpha King!" He shook his head. 

Alexa remembered Reagan mentioning the meaning behind being an Alpha King, he was sure the Alpha that had gained the title but having a pact with each pack and keeping all the werewolf clan together was the hardest thing ever, some easily subdued, some were forced and some still beared hostility towards him, waiting for the right moment to strike at him. And she had now given them a chance to come at him, she looked on with a worried expression. 

*** 

As soon as Reagan entered the field, his aura itself suppressed the feud, his pack members bowed to him as they paved the way for him, "my my if it isn't Alpha Amoux," Reagan eyed the Alpha in front of him, The Alpha of The Bloodrose Group. 

"Alpha Reagan," The guy clenched his fist trying to suppress his anger. 

"What brings you here?" Reagan played innocent. 

"Where is she?" The guy gritted his teeth in anger, "Where is the murderer?"

"Might I remind you, you're talking about my mate?" Reagan gave him a cold glare, the coldness in his voice brought chills to their spine but the Alpha in front of him didn't care as he was burning with rage. 

"I don't care who she is all I know is she is a murderer, she's a monster, bring that monster to me and we shall leave," he shouted. 

"Let me repeat again, you're talking about my mate here, so I ask you to take her name with respect," Reagan stepped forward as his eyes glowed a golden yellow and the aura around him made everyone drop on to their knees except for the one man who struggled not to give in to the dominance. 

"We're sorry, Alpha King," The guy beside him, his beta, Saber, immediately spoke up before Reagan could take another step towards them, "We're not here to pick a fight, we're here to ask for your help," He bowed deeper. 

"Help?" Reagan raised his brows. 

"Yes, excuse me for saying this but it seems that monster has bewitched you but trust us, she's a monster, she'll eat our entire clan away, please wake up and see the truth, she's not fit to be your mate, she's a filthy creature who doesn't deserve your kindness," The guy yelled out. 

"Say what?" Reagan scoffed. 

"I only speak of the truth, Alpha King," He slowly raised his head, "We even have proof," The guy looked over his shoulder and gestured at the other man behind him, "He was there, my king, he was there when the witch killed everyone brutally, he saw it with his own eyes, the massacre, he has witnessed it with his own eyes."  

"Yes, my King," The guy came forward, "Please, believe me, she's a monster, she's... she's.. I've seen it with my own eyes, king, the nasty smirk on her face, her eyes that gleamed by the sight of blood..."The guy shivered in fear as he recalled that night, Einnie Minnie Minie moo... einnie minnie minie moo... "Her voice still haunts me," The hair on his skin stood up as he recalled the eerie voice of the monster he had encountered that night, "NO!" He suddenly began to shout as the memory of the dreadful night flooded back.

"You can see his condition, even now he's scared by the thought of that woman, she's a monster, my king, I beg of you to help us get rid of her," The beta begged as he bowed down. 

"So you're saying he was there that night?" Reagan glared at the guy who was trembling like a leaf, "and you're here in front of me to ask for my help?" Reagan laughed out aloud, "Isn't that great? I didn't have to come and hunt you down myself," In a minute, Reagan was in front of the guy and kicked him hard, throwing him off a distance. 

"Reagan!" The Alpha shouted at him. 

Reagan turned around and glared at him, Saber stood in between them, "We're not here to fight," He looked at his Alpha, "Stay out of it," His Alpha screamed at him, he then shifted his gaze at Reagan, "This guy has lost his mind after that witch, expecting anything from him is ridiculous, he is bewitched or maybe the witch has scared him too," He scoffed. 

Just as he uttered the word, he had been sent flying and found himself pinned against a tree, "What the-" He stopped midway when he found a pair of dark red eyes glaring at him as she pinned him against the tree, "You were saying something?" She raised her brows at him as she tightened her grip on his neck.