Chapter 55

"We thought we were preparing a trap for her, who knew, we were the ones getting trapped?" Tyler scoffed as they hammered against the stone trying to break the wall.

"Damn it!" Reagan fisted his palm and hit the wall making a crack on it, "I shouldn't have let my guard down, I should've known they were after her," Reagan clicked his tongue in frustration.

"How would you have known? Dude, we all thought it was Carla, who knew she was just a puppet of a dead woman?" Kevin shook his head as he clicked his tongue.

"Couldn't Adira have informed us earlier? What's the damn use of that crystal ball if that thing gives us information when the damage is already done?" Lia punched out the wall in anger, "Anyway, are you sure, this is the right place? We've been breaking this wall for hours but there's no end to this at all!" She kicked the wall in frustration.

"Okay, guys, step back," Reagan shouted as his eyes began to glow and he slowly started to transform, 'Just wait for me, Alex, I'm almost there' He whispered.

"Is this the place?" Lia whispered as they walked inside the cave.

"This way," Reagan held the crystal on his hand which began to shine as they entered further.

There was pitch darkness inside the cave but their night vision helped them view clearly, walking further inside, "Guys, there she is," Lia pointed at Alex who was floating in the air surrounded by beams of light.

"And I see our murderer witch too," Tyler's brow twitched up in amusement as he found the witch carving some weird circles in the wall.

"You guys handle her, I'm going to Alex," Reagan spoke over his shoulder and then dashed in Alexa's direction, "Who said you can?" They heard a voice from above them, they witnessed a masked man flying right above them, he flew down and stood upright in front of him blocking his path.

"Oh, you won't want to mess with me right now!" Reagan was super pissed, anger reverberated in his voice, his aura dominated the atmosphere, but it didn't affect the man in front of him, "We'll see," The man then struck his staff on the ground and suddenly everything went quiet.

***

Alexa's hands slowly moved to the center of the carving on the door, a bright light illuminated the dark place, "that's right, open the door,"  The woman commanded.

'Just wait for me, Alex, I'm almost there'

Alexa flinched as she heard her mate's voice.

"I'm going to kill him off first!" The woman was pissed by his continued interference.

"Who says you can?" Alexa's voice went cold, coming back to her senses, Alexa quickly took her hands off the door, the spell was broken, the carvings on the door disappeared and the door turned dark and started to decay.

"Damn you!" The woman yelled at her.

Alexa clenched her fist in anger, "Why don't I kill you first?"

"Stop being so naive! I am trying to protect you from him, just kill him before he kills you!" The woman shouted.

"I don't need your protection, being naive or whatever, trusting him or not I'll just leave the decision to my heart," Alexa yelled back.

"I was right, I should've killed him when I had the chance, no worries, they're all here, aren't they? Now all of them will die," The woman laughed hysterically.

"You know what? You're starting to get on my nerves!" Alexa closed her eyes and took a deep breath, when she opened her eyes, it was all red.

***

"Where the hell is this place?" Reagan looked around to find himself in an old crypt. He then heard the footsteps behind him, when he turned around, there was nothing.

"I'm already pissed off and I seriously don't have time to play hide and seek with you," Reagan scoffed as his eyes searched for his prey.

"But I have plenty of time to keep you trapped here," The voice answered.

***

"What the hell? Where did they go?" Lia looked around but there was no trace of the stranger nor her brother.

Suddenly, they felt the gravity intensify around them and were being sucked to the ground. "What the hell is this?" Tyler shouted.

"That bastard!" Kevin shouted as he dropped onto his knees.

"Argh!" Lia winced in pain as she tried to resist the pull but was unable to, "Damn!" She shouted as she fell to the ground. The muttering of the spells got their attention, Lia then noticed the lights around Alex go brighter, "We need to stop her," Lia muttered as she shifted her gaze at Carla, "How? I can barely move here," Tyler muttered as he tried to get up but he couldn't he was completely stuck to the ground. "Why don't we try to crawl up there? If we can't get out of this thing, we can take it with us and get her entangled too, don't know if it'll work on her but it might stop her to some extent." Lia suggested.

"Not a bad idea for sure," Tyler nodded.

"Let's do it!" They shouted in unison as they started to crawl.

"A little more," Lia shouted as they crawled few centimeters.

"Damn this!" Tyler struck his hand on the ground and pulled his body along. "can't we just wait for the reinforcement?" He heaved an exasperated sigh.

"Who says that they won't end up like us?" Kevin retorted.

Just then they heard the footsteps, "They're here," Kevin muttered.

But as soon as they entered the cave, they too were sucked by the ground.

"Great, now just crawl!" Lia shouted.

Just then they heard something crack, they turned their head toward the direction of the sound, the beams of the light were disappearing one by one, "Guys, Alexa is doing her best too, let's help her." Lia shouted.

"yes, almost there," Tyler huffed as he struggled with his hands, "Pull her leg, now!" Lia grabbed on to her one foot and Tyler grabbed the other, startled by the action, Carla opened her eyes, "yes," Kevin reached out to her collar and then thrashed her down, making the spell break.

"No!" Carla shouted as the circle on the wall started to break off along with it.

The light beams disappeared at once and Alexa's body dropped on the ground, "yes, we did it!" The gang cheered but Carla began to laugh, "You morons, you helped me in a way, Now, nothing can wake her up, nothing," She laughed hysterically.