S6E06

Hi everyone, so as some of you who have been following me for a long time know, when Lent comes I usually give up fanfiction for the 40 days. This Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and the start of the Lenten season so you won't see an update until Easter. I'm so sorry about this, I feel bad especially since the data loss and recovery back in the fall already set my posting schedule back. Overall, I'm just glad to have my data but at the same time a big part of me wants to be able to share the rest of this story with you sooner. (there's also that annoying little voice that is telling me I don't get many comments on this story so none of you really care that much but I try to not listen to that voice - maybe it's Murphy's voice, I can now sympathize with season 3 10K) Anyway, it will be a while before you see a post from me but hopefully the time passes quickly. Happy Valentine's Day too!

S6E06:

Back in George's office Kaya was typing away on her laptop in contact with the tech heads in Hackerville, getting their help doing background checks on their citizens. Every now and then she'd scoff and shake her head and they all assumed it was because Ghostking2.0 was flirting with her again. Apparently getting punched in the face by Citizen Z hadn't been enough of a warning to get him to stop but on the other hand they all knew Kaya was more than capable of handling herself.

Also in the room were Addy and Murphy who were both having the same problem – they wanted to get back to their homes. Of course with the lockdown they needed special permission from George, though Warren was skeptical about letting them leave in this weather, concerned for the safety and wellbeing of her long time group mates and friends.

"I really need to get back to Heartland." Addy was saying, "Finn can't take care of all the Talker farmhands himself, he's going to need my help. And this snow is only going to get worse, it won't go away any time soon. I can't wait around for the weather to clear, I need to go now."

"And Limbo needs its leader." Murphy argued, "How are they supposed to get anything done without me telling them what to do?"

Warren rolled her eyes at Murphy's reasoning and Addy crossed her arms clearly not thrilled with his train of thought though she did make the most of it.

"I could go with Murphy." Addy offered, "Heartland is just past Limbo and Murphy's got that truck, he can give me a ride."

Warren looked to George who shrugged as if saying, 'Works for me.'

Then there was a knock on the door and George called, "Come in."

10K came through breathing heavily like he'd just been running which of course made them all go on high alert.

"I'm not interrupting am I?" he asked when he saw the five in the room clearly in the middle of something already.

"Not at all. We were just making plans to get Murphy and Addy back home." Warren told him, "What's wrong baby boy?"

"To Limbo and Heartland?" he asked looking to the pair who both nodded at him, "Think you can make one more stop?"

"Depends on where." Addy said, "And if they're accessible in the snow."

"Pacifica." He responded and George stood up from her chair. A lot of people she knew and cared about were in Pacifica, if something was wrong there or they were in trouble she wanted to know about it.

"Has something happened?" she asked.

"Not to them." 10K began to explain, "But Red just told me she's worried about running out of medicine during the winter. I figured since after the bombings most of Pacifica's population turned Talker, they won't need the medicine they have stored there. At least, not as much as they needed to keep on hand when they had more humans."