S3E12: Part 2

So thanks to the following people who have voted and commented I've decided to start posting 2 chapters a week. One on Saturdays and another on Wednesdays.

Lozamia, EdenHirshonstahl, lilgingerbreadman, marie_____5915, CassieLewis0, youal_readyknow, Violets-library, DolanLifexoxo, lupitaa__xo_ , chocolatemonster2 and ParulDevry

In the past week alone you guys gave me so many votes (and a handful of comments, which is a lot more then I usually get) that I was so motivated and wanted to give you more. So here it is! Thanks again guys!

S3E12: Part 2

Murphy POV

"Our way of life is envied." He said to the blends he'd rallied after the power had gone out, he knew Warren was behind it. "Hated even, by desperate fearful individuals. Living without fear is within reach for all of us. But sadly, some find comfort in chaos, death and terror. We knew the day would come when we would have to defend our way of life. And each and every one of you is worth that sacrifice. Protect each other. Protect this beautiful place that we have built. And remember, be careful out there."

The majority of them left after that only Will, Wesson, Auerbach and 10K remained.

"We're still trying to reach Bowden at the dam." Wesson said.

"I want both of you up in the tower." Murphy instructed and they left at his command. "I need power restored. Thomas, escort Auerbach to the power station." He said but couldn't help but notice the kid looked a little out of it. He blinked a few times before making clear eye contact with him. "Are you up for this Thomas?"

"Yes Murphy."

"Good." He said and the pair left. He turned to the window knowing at some point today he'd see a battle raging out there.

"Okay Roberta. Let's dance."

10K POV

He got Auerbach to the bridge just outside the power station, he had his handgun ready just in case of any attacks and just as they got to the opposite side of the bridge they heard gunfire. There were small pings as the bullets ricocheted off the metal rail and he and Auerbach ducked behind a concrete slab at the end of the metal bridge. 10K returned fire and ducked as their attacker fired then he returned more fire. Then out of the corner of his eye he saw another body from the opposite side of the building peek out with a gun. He and Auerbach moved to take cover behind a cement column just outside the power station.

"We should talk to them." Auerbach said.

"Stay down." 10K ordered watching the two shooters.

"If they knew this is what Murphy wants –"

"I don't think they care what Murphy wants." He turned and snapped at the man as bullets hit the column.

"Something's clogging the water intake." Auerbach told 10K as he returned fire, "The turbines could be permanently damaged if I don't get in there and turn them offline. We've got to get in there."

Then they heard snarling and 10K saw Z's coming across the bridge, he remembered Warren injecting him and knew he could be at risk of getting attacked. As he was thinking Auerbach jumped out from the column with his hands raised.

"Hey! Hey get back here!" 10K shouted but stayed crouched behind the pillar.

"Hey! I think there's been some kind of misunderstanding." Auerbach shouted.

"Auerbach!" 10K called but the engineer ignored him.

"Mr. Murphy tasked me with the maintenance and the operation of this power station. I'm the one who restored the electricity –" but a gunshot cut off his sentence and Auerbach stumbled back holding his chest. He pulled his hand away and 10K's eyes widened seeing the blood on his hand. Auerbach looked shocked too before another gunshot went off and hit him in the head and he fell to the ground dead. 10K returned fire moving out from the pillar and killing one of the shooters then the second gunman got him in the shoulder, he groaned in pain and leaned against pillar sinking to the ground grabbing his wound. Left shoulder, the thought ran through his head, left shoulder, the Z, her cry of pain, Bailey's left shoulder, the image of it bloody and torn apart flashed through his mind. He shook his head and focused, there were four Z's getting closer drawn in by the gunfire. He tried to go around the pillar and flee but another Z caught him off guard and grabbed him by the jacket slamming him against the pillar. He caught just a glimpse of something red and 2 bodies behind the zombie in the distance before he twisted and fought some more as the bridge Z's caught up. A second zombie grabbed him and he started having trouble keeping their teeth away from him. In his peripheral vision he saw the second shooter go leaving him for dead. A moment later a large red weapon was swung and one Z dropped mercied. The second Z dropped from a gear to the skull shot by 5K, as Red grabbed 10K and pulled him away before the rest of the Z's could catch up and he heard 5K caw to them.