Chapter 106

"What are you talking about lilith?. you are an only child"

Chapter 106: Phoenix (part 2)

"What happened?" Suzue immediately ask after going out in her room.

She can still remember the quietness of the room. The houses with no residents and the town filled with nothing but silence.

But now... Suzue frown and rubs the back of her neck.

Kai smiled at her while calmly putting his tea cup on the table.

He's so calm and seems like he already expected everything to happen.

"Do you know something?" Suzue ask. Feeling suspicious by his actions.

"Do you think i know something?" The girl can sense a hint of Deja vu on his question then shove it back on her mind.

She remembered that this conversation also happened a few days ago.

"Don't answer my question with a question" she tiredly said and sat in front of him.

She saw clive walking towards the kitchen as if the phenomenon Outside is beyond his business.

He doesn't care at all. Different from what a knight should act.

But then he was only trained as a knight behind the prince.

"What do you want to know?"

Suzue frown. She could sense that the man is unwilling on giving her some information.

She doesn't know why. Is it because it might give her some information that will endanger her?

Or is it because he might disclose something useful that she have been waiting for?

But why?.

The man in front of her is someone suzue couldn't read. She couldn't understand and couldn't trust.

And she completely knows it.

But she couldn't find herself staying away from him. She couldn't help but stick close to him.

His eyes that resembles the stars that seems to be sparkling, silver and clear. She always find herself staring at them.

They were cold yet warm. Whenever he stares at her, those piercing seems yo be staring straight right on her sould. She could only feel dumb and numb.

Suzue is always been rational on her decisions and actions since the day she came in this world.

She always calculate her steps and words when facing an unknown situation.

But whenever she's in front of him.. she just lost all her sanity, she wanted to stay away from him but couldn't.

She doesn't know if this is love or obsession.

She knows how eager she is to keep him closely to her, and she also knows how dangerous it is to keep her self entangled with him.

The two of them seems to be playing a game that they know is easy.

You just need to stay away to wind... To stick together to lose.

"Tell me about this village" but she keep on walking towards that path.

Hesitating to turn back.

Letting him stab her in the back.

"Are you sure you wanted to ask me about it? What if i lie? What if i could control you with this information?"