Chapter 53

"What appeals the most but the least to suspect will be always the weakness"
- Suzue Reed

Chapter 53: The Diamond and his king

[Lucas]

Ajax and I stared at Suzue who's still on the ceiling, grinned in amusement before she was engulfed darkness and disappeared.

the word from Xavier startled me. so she's the holder of black joker?. it strangely suit her, however, she need to know that the shadow isn't her power.

ajax and i stared at each other and dashes towards xavier who's roaring in anger. i shifted to run towards the side and saw ajax attacking him from the side.

i made a dash behind him and leap towards him and raises my sword ready to attack. Ajax did the same and both of us cut off both of his arm.

my eyes narrowed when my sword just sink on his arm where his mark is located. i made a teleport away from him and saw ajax got hit by the hand with one finger nail.

"Ajax!" i called out for him but he just raise his hand to wave my call off.

We suddenly saw a shadow forming as a human behind him and his body was cut off from his lower part. Xavier's eyes widen but just laugh.

Suzue appeared again and raises her eyebrow in astonishment when Xavier become two.

the jacks of the deck has the same power of regeneration And according to his mark he's the jack of spades. We need to get his card to make sure the Spade won't complete the deck.

but how if we can't even kill him... wait.. Suzue is the holder of the black joker. but is she strong enough? she's a girl.

"Eh? two deicide?" i snap back on my thoughts and stared at suzue who's backng away and staring at the original deicide with amused expression.

"Suzue!" she glance at me causing me to freeze. Her eyes were filled with nothing but excitement. it feels like this was just some play thing to her.

And it was too late to regret it... when i notice her got stab on his side while protecting the child.

Everything happened to fast all i know is Suzue manage to grab ethan and was throw upwards.

I know i regretted throwing the job of the diamond pillar to a girl who holds the black joker when i am not sure about the strength she possesses, but there's something telling me... She could do it.

and i hate it.

"Lucas" I nod at ajax and both of us dashes towards the other Deicide.

[Suzue Reed]

i felt my body collided in the ceiling, the huge impact made my breath hitch and i could hear my ribs cracking, something sharp stab on my side causing me to winch in pain again.

i felt ethan shifted on my arm and i glance towards him and saw him starting to wake up.

his eyes grew wider and he sniff and a tears started to form in her eyes. being a vampire he's very sensitive with blood, and there's also a fact that he came from a village that the goblins attacked.

"you're ... injured" i smiled lightly and hug him tightly as i felt my body slowly coming to the ground. and once again my breath hitch and i tried to find a way to breath normally.

A pang of pain crawls in my system and something warm suddenly force itself out of my body.

i weakly sat up when ethan started crying loudly.

"Now.. stop" i can't breath properly so talking was difficult. i slowly sat up while untying ethan. when he's completely untied he circled his hand around me and made an heartbreaking cry.

My eyes shifted to the guild and notice my sister standing with the cook. her gray eyes were filled with worry, i smiled to reassure her and put ethan down in the ground.

He was reluctant at first and saw the blood gushing out of my side.

My eyes slightly widen when a heart suddenly appeared in his left eyes.

i know it wasn't intentional because his eyes were still staring at me, tears rushing out from his crimson red eyes.

"Ezu.. ezu... ezu" my name keep on coming out of his mouth.

The heart mark on his eyes lighten and suddenly i could feel my breath coming back to normal and the bleeding on my arm and side.

he healed me.. no.. he stop the feeling of pain and halted the blood of my body from flowing. he didn't cute it but just stop it.

i caresses his left cheek and stared deeply on his eyes and kisses his forehead.

"Go to lilith don't worry" he immediately complied and rushes towards my sister who opened her arms to accept the boy.

I stared at my sword and saw how it started to crack and went back to staring at Deicide who's coming out from the huge hole.

"how interesting" A grin once again formed on my lips and i saw how his eyes widen when i ripped of the sleeve on my left arm revealing the dragon mark wrapping around my arm.

"so your mark isn't in your right arm huh. OHohohoho! As i thought you really are the black joker! then i shall do what my master said, Kill you!"

he readied both of his arm and they turned into blades. They look heavier but at least i wont have to fight with more than 2 blades.

Seems unfair if you ask me.

i just chuckled and felt my left arm heating again. i feel the same pain i felt when i accepted the black joker but this time it's tolerable.

i glance at my arm and saw the dragon moving towards my hand and came out from my wrist and turned into a sword. just the same as my nameless blade.

i raises both arms and swings the blade to weigh down their weight. they are so damn light that i felt myself hoping side to side because of excitement.

the whole ground around us turned black causing him to step backwards and the sun's light dimmed a little that it looks like it's early evening.

hands slowly came out from the black ground around me and i felt my hair turning black and i saw my hands becoming black to and it's moving towards y forearm and stop halfway.

i stop shifting and i notice him stiffen and made a fighting form.

amused i once again dash towards him this time faster than earlier.

"Let's dance... shall we?"