Chapter 78

"Why would i need money? i am obviously wealthier than you"

Chapter 78: Compensation; Loyalty

[Suzue Reed]

"anyway what compensation do you want?, money?"

i stared at him in disbelief as if he said something that isn't believable.

Actually he did.

"Why would i need money? i am obviously wealthier than you"

i am the second daughter of Duke ezekiel avaleon who own a few lands in eastern part of kronos, he also held a few lands in the northern part of kronos. Labeled as a savior of man kind.

He's obviously wealthier than this lord who only own the Nero land.

Yeah nero land is big just, as big as dasos, gi and fotia. but not as big as anemos.

they are rich but we are richer. even the king only has fewer lands than us, and mind you he's a king.

so i don't need money as a compensation.

"This land of nero-"

"My lord i can't give you this land" lord agustin interrupted me causing me to stare at him lazily.

"I'm not interested on this land, let me finish first well ya"

he sweat drop and nod.

"anyway as i said i need the land of nero to swear their loyalty towards our house"

he purses his lips and stared at me hesitantly.

"i know the king and the duke isn't in good terms. but it will be a great sin to betray the king"

"What?" i asked in disbelief.

and he stared at me confused.

"What?"

"Are you stupid?"

"I think i am no-"

"it's a rhetorical question, don't answer it"

"Oh"

he looks like defeated, but i don't care

"My father and the king are known to for having a not so peaceful relationship but i am not crazy enough to turn my back and openly show my dislike to the royal family.

I am just doing this for my sister's grades in the school. Swear your loyalty to the Avaleon dukedom and i'll oath to have your back when you're in trouble"

i didn't know that the nero lord already knows my name and face then if i have known this trivial detail then i shouldn't have troubled myself from dueling his son.

Well i guess... i will still duel him, i mean i haven't warm up for a while. actually it wasn't a warm up but it'll do.

"So it's just for a silly project? i heard of it, tons of noble did the same"

i remain silent and hum lightly.

"Yeah just a silly subject for my sister. but not for me"

"How?"

"swearing your loyalty to avaleon dukedom can get my sister's grade rise up. but in my case. if ever i have no choice but to take the throw i need the lands to be on my side. I am certain there's more to this activity than just building a connection.

Anyway after putting your loyalty towards us, i advise you not to take my ruling as a playhouse. just like everyone said i am the duke's most trusted aid. I am also his daughter, his ways will be my ways as well"

i calmly said it while observing the changes of his expression.

he went silent and purses his lips and nods.

"I see, then i won't disappoint you"

i stand up and tug on my skirt and pats henry's shoulder.

"Rose is waiting for you at the brothel, don't want to make a lady wait right?"

his eyes widen and nod.

"Wait" i halted on my steps and stared at the one who called me. he has a shoulder lenght brown hair and a beautiful face that probably belongs to a person who would fool around when he doesn't have any work.

"What is it?"

"Why are you telling this in front of us?" i remain silent and then showed a daze expression.

"oh, i don't really know... eh who cares"

i turn around and went my way out. a butler immediately lead me towards the outside.

there is actually a reason why... these children of lord agustin aren't just a simply nobles. being open towards my intention will lower their guards, in the future they will be a well polish tool, they only need a little scrub and they can be use.

When i reach outside i saw ethan, noah and jasmine waiting for me . noah is holding two bags of clothes and ethan is holding a cotton candy.

this cotton candy was produced recently in this area a week ago.

if i remember correctly hadley was here?. huh i never thought she has competency on her being.

i shouldn't underestimate her.

inventing interesting things can increase the people's favorability towards you. This is a good move.

Stealing can really benefit you especially if the owner has stolen goods from dead and wasn't born yet people.

"how did it go?" jamine sweetly asked and i raise my thumbs up.

"Surprisingly well"

we started walking towards the rented carriage.

i pause a bit and creases my forehead.... wait why did i pause? tsk whatever.

i help jasmine enter the carriage and ethan and closes the door and went towards the driver seat.

Noah followed me and sat beside me.

i started the carriage and we stared moving towards our next destination.

"where is your husband ezu" noah softly question beside me.

i stared at him confused.

"What do you mean? i don't have a husband noah"

"... i mean your boyfriend"

"What are you talking about noah? are you well?"

i stared at him confused and he purse his lips and smiled at me with silly expression.

"i... i was just playing around"

i lazily smiled and patted his head.

before putting all my attention on the road.

Somehow, i feel like i forget something.

this is probably the effect of melannie's ability.

oh well.

.

.

.

[Henry agustin]

"i never thought that one day i need to stand in front of you feeling naked. i mean feeling embarrass and ashamed... if , if you could just give me one last chance to pursue you"

"Do you just like me because of my face?"

"what? no ... i ... i no when i fell in love with you i haven't seen your face that time"

"i don't believe you... especially to the son of the lord who imprisoned our kind"

"What?, what do you mean?"

"i waited for you just to ask a question... where are my people?"