Chapter 25

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
― Robert Frost

Chapter 25: A meeting to remember

From day one, i asked God to make me smarter, but i guess he just gave me a new life and new experience as a teacher, and i wasted it.

"but you know what i think? " i snap back out of my thoughts and stared at him confuse and he smiled at me gently and slowly raises his hand and held my cheek.

"ignore everything and start a new one?"

he laugh and shakes his head as a no, causing me to raise my eyebrow confuse, and leans on his hand unconsciously causing him to smile and gently caresses my cheek,

"no you already did that, ad you failed right? you couldn't ignore everything... i think you don't have to ignore the past, use it as a reason to change your ways, use it as your lesson, a lesson to grasp your wish to become smart... peyton.. just be you.. changing yourself isn't the always option,

be yourself and learn from your mistakes, those people will be your motivation to achieve your dream, life is the best lesson, experience is the best teacher..."

i nod vigorously causing him to laugh, but then i stop and stared at him suspiciously causing him to raise his eyebrow in amusement,

"i didn't told you my name...how did you know i'm peyton" he stiffen and then burst into a laughing fit causing me to pout.

"everyone tells me you're a genius but i don't see you as one, you're the most innocent and naive person i know" i stared at him as if he's growing three heads causing him to laugh again.

"yeah as i thought, meeting you earlier is the best"

"eh?" 'you're so stupid... if only i meet you earlier'

"ring a bell?" i don't know why but i started laughing too causing him to smile at me.

"ohhh what made you smile like that dear peyton?"

"i realize between the both of us you are much more stupid than me, you let yourself die even though you have the chance to survive"

he chuckled and shrugs his shoulder in a careless manner,

"i don't regret it though, anyway.."

i stop laughing and stared at him confused,

he held my hand placed a light kiss on it.

causing me to feel the same strange feeling again, the heart racing and the cheeks flaming, i gulp and bit my lower lip in nervousness,

this man is really a puzzle making me feel different kind of emotion in an hour makes me feel afraid of him, no one ever did this to me, not even hadley or my own sister.

"i waited too long to say this, My name is Nicholas Zalkin, it's nice to meet you"

i beam and smiled,

"Peyton Kallid, it's nice to meet you too Nicholas" he smiled causing my cheeks to feel warmer,

"i know we have are in different body now so, as Nicholas i want to do something"

"what it is?" he smiled and pulls me slowly towards him, he held my cheek while gently rubbing my hand,

his eye were staring at me with admiration, gentleness and softness causing me to unconsciously stare back,

his eyes makes me feel euphoric and giddy, i could feel his warm breath against my face and that's when i notice his face were leaning towards me, but i couldn't pull away, i just remained dazed and flustered.

and suddenly i felt a warm soft object pressing against my lips, no it wasn't an object but his lips.

i freeze and felt my self steaming in embarrassment and extreme happiness?

i don't know, i can't seem to point what emotions i'm currently feeling right now,

i suddenly felt satisfied when i notice that i wasn't the only one blushing, Nicholas cheeks were red and his eyes were close i was about to close mine too when he slowly leans away,

Nicholas slowly pulled away and presses his forehead against mine, he opened his eyes and stared at me, i saw a flash of surprise on his face and a hint of smile appeared on his lips.

"damn you're so cute, i want to kiss you again" before i could protest he already presses his lips against mine.

but this time it was different, it was longer, i close my eyes and waited for him to finish but instead of him leaning away, his lips started moving and i responed instintively, i feklt him msile and deepen the kiss.

i know we only met once but i have this strange feeling to accept everything he has,

he makes me feel curious and confuse and relax at the same time.

in the field with just the moon witnessing our meeting, a strange comfort rushes towards my system, the only sound i could hear is the rapid beating of my heart and another that synch with mine, my hand slowly found its way towards his chest and i felt it.

the same volume and the same speed,we are feeling the same thing and it makes me feel euphoric.

he leans away and and once again presses his forehead against mine, our breathing were fast and our faces were read, the beating of our hearts seems like creating a perfect harmony.

"i haven't introduce myself yet"

"eh?" he laugh at my perplexed expression and kisses my nose and leans away from me and held both of my hands

"I am Kai Darius, son of the Knight major of Avaleon's order"

eh avaleon's order? i stared at him shocked causing him to laugh amused.

"Suzue Reed, Child of the church, illegitimate daughter of the Duke, a pleasure to meet you"

we both smiled at each other.

tonight was a meeting to remember.

.

.

.

.

sorry this one is just a short one, the previous chapter and this one are connected and i couldn't lengthen it more, anyway i hope you like it.