Chapter 22

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

- Albert Einstein

Chapter  22: Reality

[Suzue Reed]

"everyone knows in the battlefield, it's always a kill or be killed...  this phrase has been always known to every knights, in year 2000, Lady Kozumi daughter of an earl of anemos, the first woman that was labeled as a genius decided to break the rules and defy the odds, she fought all her knights just to make her father accept her to become a knight.

she succeed  and was sooner sent to the battlefield, everyone was impress how confident and calm she was, as if she would win without a sweat, when the war started... she died, she died by saving a soldier who's in the blink of his death. 

The Knight Commander was impress however amused because of the lady's foolishness, in the end the lady died ad soldier she saved died too, causing her heroism to become a joke.

a pity, she was really useful, she invented things that are very useful like the fluorescent lights and the window glasses, she also composed songs that made everyone addicted like nursery rhymes with strange words, and also she invented many kinds of food... 

a real pity"

"who are you talking to Captain?"

i carefully asks after his speech, he turned around and was greeted with just me and clive standing behind him with blank expressions.

he gasp when he notice that there are only three of us inside the room.

"where are the others?"

"the bell already rung, teacher" he beams and sigh with relief

"oh i thought i was boring you" yeah you did,

we didn't said anything and just bowed before leaving him alone in the room.

my thoughts went back to what he shared, actually clive was about to stop him when i stopped him. i want to listen more of the story.

that lazy kozumi feels like she experienced reincarnation too. i don't know and i can't confirm it, she's dead after all, and besides it isn't strange to invent heaven defying things. so i can't just accused her.

"Lazy suzue-"

"just Suzue" i interrupted causing Clive to od,

"Suzue what are you thinking ? you seem deep in your thoughts"

"nothing.. clive"

"yes?"

his head tilted confuse, both of us stop walking and turned to face each other.

"hit me"
"huhhh?"

i took a deep breath and stared at him seriously

"i said hit me"

"no , no no no that's impossible suzue i'd rather you hit me than me hitting you"

"i said hit me" i said seriously with a terrifying glare, however instead of being scared an expression of euphoria appeared on his face.

"o-okay" 

he raised his arm and punches me in the stomach causing me to inhale sharply because of the pain.

"t-thank you" i rub my stomach and took a deep breath and was about to leave when a hand stop me, my eyebrow rose and i stared at clive confused.

"it's unfair for suzue... please hit me too"

i sigh tiredly and raise my foot and kicks him hard on the stomach causing him to fall on the ground, i placed my food on his stomach and stared at him blankly.

i never knew clive is a masochist... i mean everyone has their own kinks. 

i stared at his red and panting face filled with pain and pleasure.

... strangely i fill happy seeing him hurt... i need to see a doctor after this.

"more mo-"

"oii suzue?!! don't hurt clive! we know you are stronger than us so please spare him!"

our attention lshifted towards the owner of the voice ad i saw hadley with fearful adn worried exxpression on his face.

to annoy her i stump my foot hard on clive's toned stomach causing him to whimper in delight,

"i old you stop! or i'll call the prince!" i click my tongue and walk away leaving the both of them, one who's pissed and the other is acting as if i killed her dog.

my thoughts went back to what happened after hadley called me.

at first i was confused on why she wanted to talked to me but then when she suddenly slapped me out of nowhere, everything started to be clear.

she was mad and angry that i'm ruining the plotof the game, at first i was confused, and then she explained that we are in an otome game.

The priestess, if i remember correctly that's the game she was very addicted to, the first love interest is the prince, the prince is the arrogant type, he might be arrogant but that's a given because of his background, the prince was never favored but tons of works and studies were dumped towards him.

all his life has been nothing but hard-work, he wants to become an emperor to show to everyone how capable he is. the heroine met her o the first day of school, she didn't know her so she acted very familiar and when classes starts she helps him do some of his works, which made the prince impress at her intelligence.

ad sooner become infatuated at her... that's how she captured him in the game.

my thoughts shifted towards the prince and my forehead crease, in my opinion, the prince doesn't seem like a arrogant type, i mean if he is why is he that down to earth?... he didn't even pointed out my illegitimacy and haven't boast or used his standing- well sometimes, when i think i pissed him off.

and besides... The prince no ryan prescott.. is a human, a person... making him  remember that he's a prince and a peer pressured prince at that s not really appropriate.

seeing him just a character is a disrespectful towards lives,

i do't know what went towards her mind that she made herself as a a heroine in this world,

'listen to me peyton.. if we cleared this game and manage to defeat the Devil, we can go back to your world, and you can meet the man who died with us again!'

the man who died with us... 'you're so stupid... if only i met you earlier'

ah.. right...

however it's impossible.. we are dead.. God gave us a new life, we should just move on and cherish it..

".... transmigrating in a game is impossible, life isn't a game, we are not surrounded by NPCs, this world is real, snap out of your goddamn dreams and grow up"