Chapter 18

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

- Albert Einstein

Chapter 18: Dangerous

[Suzue Reed]

Both of us stared at each other , my lips upturned when he immediately attack.

I block his wooden sword that went to hint me from above and he switch towards the left side which i reacted with an equal speed as him.

He keep on hitting me and i keep on blocking his attack, his blows were heavy and his speed is astonishing.

Full of recklessness and boldness, which i like the most... I made a back flip when he tried to kick me , however his sword reacted immediately as if he was expecting me to do the stunt and he successfully slice my necktie causing it to fell on the ground.

I crouch and swept him of his feet when he tried to hit me with his sword... He manage to make a hop avoiding my feet and i immediately stood up and block his attack,

When he started thinking he couldn't hit me from above and the sides he suddenly thrust his swords towards me which i immediately reacted on sliding towards the side and striking his arm.

He notice my intention and move his arm away but i manage to make a tear on his uniform, both of us started exchanging blows again.

When I notice him starting to get tired so i suddenly switch into offense startling him.

We continued exchanging blows with me having the most advantage and him in the disadvantage side.

A playful smile carved into my lips and it distracted him, i throw my sword upwards and he i know he didn't expect it... I mean losing the grip on your sword can make you lose and which he knows very well.

So when i throw my sword upwards he unconsciously followed it, i use this as an opportunity to kick his hands holding the sword causing his grip to loosen and the sword to be thrown on the ground.

I made a 360° kick and another turning kick causing him to fell down on the floor, when my feet landed on the ground the sword is already falling down, i caught it and swings it towards him stoping half and inch in his neck.

Silence echoed throughout the field and i stared silently at his face, i could see a hint of red in his cheeks making me tilt my head confuse.

"You won"

"It seems so"

The bell rings a sign of lunch break.

I raise my sword and place it on my shoulder and offered him my hand which he immediately accepted.

I help him stand and watches him rub his neck with a euphoric expression on his face.

"Are you okay?"

He smiled at me and nod

"Yeah, i just felt extreme excitement  when you pointed the sword at my neck sharply"

Well, battling can make you feel excited, can't deny that... I just nod and patted his shoulder before walking towards Captain.

Who's jaw is still hanging, beside him is the prince wearing an amazed expression while clapping.

I feel clive walking behind me with a rush breathing... He's probably tired after all our battle was so fast and heavy... I can feel my self panting too.

I took a deep breath and bowed at the prince who stops me and wraps his arm around my neck.

"It's been a while Suzue!" I felt his fingers shaking a bit and saw his face redden slightly i smiled and nod.

"Yes it's been a while your highness, you've become more handsome since the last time i saw you" he stiffen causing my eyebrow to rise in confusion.

"T-T-T-TCH WHATEVER"

"Eh?" He walks away with clive behind him leaving me with Captain angus,

"How was it captain?"

He nods dazedly and patted my head.

"He was right you're indeed a monster"

"Thank you i guess"

He was about to say something when the prince appeared again with an annoyed expression.

"Oi! Don't make this prince waiting! Hurry i want to eat!"
I nod and bows at captain and lazily followed the prince.

Wait why am i going with him to lunch? Ah right, Lilith is having lunch with him too.

Ah now i remember why i dislike him a bit... Lilith is eating with him... In the same room with him, engage with him and sooner would share the same bed with him.

This sucks.. I hate this.. Can someone cancel their engagement?

"Yo-you were great earlier, you manage to defeat my trusted knight!"

The prince complimented me with a red face causing me to rise my eyebrow in worry.

If the prince manage to get sick, lilith would stay by his side the whole day and won't leave him.. That mean she might catch his flu and lilith would get sick.

This is bad

I stop causing the pair to stop and stare at me confuse.

"Prince come here for a bit" he curiously followed my command and waited for me to talk.

But i didn't what i did is , i pulled him gently downwards and presses my forehead on his, measuring his temperature.

And i'm right, his temperature is high... He's too hot.

"W-w-w-what a-are you d-doing?!?!?" His face is now 100% red and he leap away from me, too far away from me.

I raise my eyebrow and stared at clive who's still rubbing his neck with slight blush in his cheeks.

"I'm checking your temperature because you're too red" he puff his cheeks which made him look cute.

Yeah not handsome but cute.. He looks like a puppy now.

"Stupid Suzue!! Hmpp!! I hate you!" He rans away and Clive immediately followed

I lazily stared at the disappearing pair and lightly sigh,

What did i do?

I'm just concern... The prince hate me now, does that mean.. I'm going to be executed? Wait i think that's not how it works.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and i stared at the owner and saw a person with long blue hair and a pair of amused eyes.

Tatum Lockwood.

"You're very dangerous Suzue"

"What? Why?" He smiled and held a strand of my tied hair and lightly kisses it while staring at my eyes.

"As i thought, with you existing... I would never get bored"

Huh?...