Chapter 83

"Shouldn't you apologize to that henry first? after all we still don't have a lead towards the location of your people. Karma might not be faster than the light but it's faster than the carriages"

Chapter 83: Merfolk (part 2)

"Well anyway let's forget about it, it already happened anyway you can't do anything about it"

rose couldn't believe what she's hearing from the woman and stared at her in disbelief.

"you could say it that easily because you weren't the one who inflicted pain towards Henry" said rose in a agitated tone.

suzue showed a mocking smile and scoff and said, "Yeah, glad you know that" it's obviously just a simple phrase but it cause rose to make off many meanings behind it.

and all of them has one product... It was her fault.

"i..." rose couldn't utter a word and just purse her lips together and stared at the table in a daze expression

"what?.. why aren't you talking? is this your ow of saying you gave on finding your people?" suzue said in a bored tone and yawn.

"If you have nothing to say anymore then I'm going upstairs to sleep" she attempted to stand up only to stopped by the woman wearing a desperate expression.

"Please, help me. I also wanted to sort the thing between Henry and i, and i could only do it if i already achieve my goal"

Suzue cannot read a person's mind nor she couldn't predict their thoughts but she could guess many possible decisions and actions a person has by reading their facial expression and body movements and when she does she doesn't question it.

but when she stared at the woman she can clearly see the determination she held on the thought of fixing her relationship towards the young lord. what suzue doesn't understand the most is, why would she do it later when she can clearly do it now.?

her sister, lilith, wouldn't think twice to do it.

then she finally realized why... she sneered mentally and leans on her chair.

"humans sure are selfish" they will only prioritize their desires and grant their own wishes than doing what's more important. well suzue doesn't care about them anyway, she only cares about her family. for her, those people including the woman in front of her are just passer by.

"ahm" suzue glance at the side and saw noah walking towards the seat beside her.

she went back staring at the woman and closes her eyes. Showing everyone her uninterested being.

"eh?, you must be?" suzue heard the voice of rose asking the young man sitting beside her.

"I am noah" she felt his hand held her skirt and she merely glance at it before going back to closing her eyes.

rose stared at the man with a neatly combed hair and pair of red eyes... she never saw him before but she can fell strings pulling the edge of her heart.

No one could blame her. Rose is still a woman and meeting this innocent looking gorgeous boy made her feel weak on her knees and gush on him mentally.

All of them are right, appearance is really everything.

"Hi noah, i'm rose" she timidly places her fringe behind her ear and smiled sweetly at the boy.

noah stared at the woman before him and felt a sudden disgust rushing in his system. he doesn't know why he's feeling it so he decided to ignore it.

he heard her story from afar, well her voice wasn't that quiet. it was high pitch and loud so he could clearly hear her especially that the lobby of the inn doesn't have any other people around beside them.

"Ahmm are you a mermaid?" he asked in a straightforward manner.

"Yes i am, and i got separated away from my family because of the lord. he put all mermaids in brothels and the male ones were imprisoned somewhere and someone told me a rumor said that the lord locked them up in his mansion.. but when i sneaked in, they.. they were not.. there"

her voice cracked in the end and she lowered her head. her shoulders where shaking an action when a person is crying. she looks fragile and enchanting but noah is only interested to one.

"Someone?" he curiously said and ignored the disappointed expression on the girl's face.

he clearly heard it, he clearly heard her said about someone telling her about a rumor.

"AH yes. she told me that henry's father, the lord captured the merflok on his mansion. they can be found in the underground" rose saw that the young man seems waiting for her to continue.

she didn't know what to say next so she just shared the exact words the woman said to her.

"She said, a rumor is spreading in the land of nero it says the henry's father, the lord of nero has the merfolk in the palm of his hand. he hid them beneath his mansion"

Noah glance at suzue and saw her still closing her eyes and seems to be asleep so he did his best to gather information.

he clenches his head and shook his head in determination.

"did she say it that way?" he asked seriously.

one must say if a man looks serious he would look manly and bold. but seeing the young man with beautiful features and thin figure, he looks nothing like a man but a bunny trying to act serious but end up looking cute.

And rose immediately tried her best not to show a infatuated expression ad remained looking like a depress enchanting lady like how every men wants. being in a brothel have its own advantages just like now... knowing what a man likes in a lady.

but unfortunately for her... she learned it in a brothel.

"Yes, those exact words"

noah nod and ignored he sweet smile the lady keeps on giving him.

"did you not suspect her?, her words seems to be accurate and straightforward" noah said and recalled the sentence the woman told to the rose

'a rumor is spreading in the land of nero it says the henry's father, the lord of nero has the merfolk in the palm of his hand. he hid them beneath his mansion'

it seems suspicious to him...

"Please noah help me, i want my family back"

noah was about to say yes but then she remember her words earlier.

"Shouldn't you apologize to that henry first? after all we still don't have a lead towards the location of your people. Karma might not be faster than the light but it's faster than the carriages"