Chapter 74

"Even if i die, i won't give up on her!!."

Chapter 74: The Duel

[Third Person]

At exactly 9:00 in the evening, the capital of Nero isn't as silent as it always has every night.

Tonight is different.

Citizens of the said village are all standing at the sidelines, circling a pair who's facing each other.

Both of them are holding a saber. pointing on the floor with their free hand on their back.

one was glaring at the lady, he possesses a pair of brown eyes, sparkling with determination with a hint rage.

the other was smirking in amusement. Her pink eyes are glinting with mirth and her eyes were curve to mimic a smiling expression.

these pair were expressing different emotion but their thought were the same: 'tonight you'll grovel'

the townsfolk were staring with excitement. they silently put all their bet and faith towards one person and one could easily pinpoint it out.

"The young lord will win today i am sure with that"

"The young lord is smart and strong'

Henry Agustin. Son of the lord of Nero. Even though the lord is a complete garbage when ruling his land.

The 5th son was different to the eyes of the townsfolk.

He's different from his father. He might look average compared to his brothers, he's a total gentlemen.

he's the kindest among the agustin family.

So it isn't surprising when the townsfolk would dump all their bets towards this young man which is a biggest mistake.

Suzue Avaleon isn't well known in this name. When she was trick to do a job of proposing a tax, she used the name her savior gave her.

Suzue reed. This pseudonym made a big impact to the economy of Anemos. Her luxury tax was greatly approved from the commoners to the king.

With this work she's already considered as the heir of avaleon dukedom, the possibility of her turning into a duke in the future is big.

because of this news. Researchers, Article Writers and councils immediately went to investigate this person.

this person happens to be our protagonist, they found out how skilled this person is when it comes to fencing, sword fighting, and combat.

but i guess his things only revolve around anemos because not one or two cheered or made a reaction of familiarity after seeing the girl facing the young lord.

"First one to let go of their weapon loses."

The woman who's the main reason this duel happened declared in a timid voice.

Henry huff in determination while the other places her saber in her shoulder.

"Are you sure you want to use fencing?"

Suzue ask in amusement. Well she couldn't blame him, Fencing is the most appropriate sport to use when dueling.

But that would be a mistake if he really wants to get the lady.

Peyton Kallid is known for her fencing the most. yes not kendo, nor taekwondo which happens to be her first sport by the way.

but fencing. And that Peyton kallid is her.

"i am sure as hell! do you wanna back out now??!"

suzue just smiled and swings her saber lightly.

"let's use the known scoring, A fencer must touch his opponent in an approved target zone of the body to register a point, because we are using a saber, let's limit the target zone to the torso"

"Okay!"

they waited for the lady to signal the start of the match but after a minute they haven't heard anything.

both of them stared at rose who is fidgeting and doesn't know what to do.

A man with silver hair and starry grayish silver eyes walk towards her and signal her to move away which she immediately complied and jogs towards the side.

Kai stare at both of them before saying:

"Salute to your Opponent"

Both of them Bend their arm at the elbow, drawing the upper part of the arm to the body, and carrying the blade perpendicularly past the right eye, cutting edge to the left.

"En garde!"

both of them got ready and went for the signal.

the townsfolk excitedly stared a the duo and waited for the foreign to lose. but that didn't happen.

"Fence!"

because when the signal was said, the young lord immediately went to attack but the opponent countered and successfully pointed her saber to his chest and curl it to the young lord's saber successfully shoving it away from him.

"En garde! Prêts? Alle-"

"No!!" everyone went silent, i mean that was too fast, o normal person can react that fast.

except the referee of course, because it seems that he already expected the result.

"You already lost young lord"

"No! Again!!"

"En garde" "Fence!"

and just like earlier he attacked first but...

"En garde! Prê-"

"Again!"

and the duel repeated, again and again and again.

the despair slowly shows in the young lord's eyes.everyone could see it. he was really desperate to get the girl. well it's actually stupid, because everyone knows the one dueling with hi is a girl.

and the referee seems to be her lover considering the way the referee acted after seeing the sleepiness the woman is starting to show.

"We can stop this, you need a proper place to sleep" it coldly said and wrap his arm around her waist and the woman immediately hid her head in the crook of the neck of the an.

"No! i want another duel! don't sleep! fight me again!"

and another duel. Suzue stared confused at the man when she saw him kneel in despair.

she could feel the happiness slowly rising in her system. she didn't even stop herself from grinning while looking down at the young lord.

that's how sick in the head she is. she didn't even feel an ounce of sympathy to the man and just continued on looking down at the young lord

"Even if i die, i won't give up on her!!."

He stood up and scream loudly and properly did the stance again.

the townsfolk cheered loudly while kai scoff mentally and observes the reaction his lover has.

Suzue on the other hand stared dumbly at the young lord and dazedly felt the chill crawling on her system.

she was dumbfounded, no dumbfounded is a bit tame word. let's say she's stupefied. i mean she never thought that one day she'll witness someone scream loudly just to power up.

i mean let's be honest, those scenes only happens to protagonists and she's clearly the protagonist.

wait no that's wrong she means that those scenes usually happen in the anime, even in the movies. but this is real life.

and it's just so.... weird.

"Yield" yep she wouldn't stoop to his level.

nope, never, Méiyǒu, īe, nein

over her dead body.