Chapter 39

"You can either be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It all depends on how you view your life."
― Paulo Coelho

Chapter 39: Treasure

Slicing the last head of a goblin, i stared at my sword now tainted with blue blood.

i felt tired, they were so persistent so stabbing them doesn't work i need to cut off their heads to make them dead.

i moved my head left and right and heard a few popping noises causing me to sigh in relief. i stared at the village that are full of dead bodies of a goblin. i never thought that they were so many of them where did they go earlier?

it was probably our luck that we didn't met them earlier... somehow i don't feel convince with that reason.

pulling out a handkerchief i started cleaning my blade. i don't hate the color blue, hate is a strong word, i just strongly dislike it.

In my opinion blue is easy to mess and can be tainted so fast, just like white so easy to ruin. anyway it's just my insights.

everyone has their own opinion.

throwing my handkerchief away i once again sheathe my sword and started walking towards the said exit while avoiding the blue blood and the headless bodies of the goblins.

i calmly examined the heads and saw them twitching for a bit before becoming motionless.

the fight earlier was just a warm up, my shadows can put up a more tiring fight but i couldn't deny that they took a hit on me.

couldn't help it they were so many. i stared at the ripped on my pants and sigh. thankfully they were just showing a bit of the left side of my thigh.

this world is too conservative gratefully they were not the same in the medieval period in my former world, because in this world showing your leg and arm isn't considered as inappropriate anymore.

i stared at the sky and saw a bunch of stars shining, i examined them for a few seconds before entering the forest.

Sounds of crickets and noises from the birds are the only music i could hear. When the strong breeze came it made the leaves of the trees made a sigh causing to emit a beautiful harmony.

a few minutes of walking i heard footsteps heading towards my way.

i stared at that path and followed it... i know in every horror movies this always happens.

the protagonist hearing a suspicious sound and starting to feel scared while having the urge to just run away still follows the source of the creepy sound.

i won't criticize them though, following the sound is a must what if it was something that could cause a major event for example a microwave that is emitting a sound.

what if it was malfunctioning and wasn't stopped? it might explode causing a huge fire and it will spread to houses to buildings.

running away is a best option too, running away can help you escape this danger. it's the best solution a person could do.

i stop when a figure bump at me. i saw a little boy with fangs comparable to a dog. my head tilted to the side as i observe his appearance.

he stared back at me with a paper of emotionless eyes. his eyes were crimson red just like his hair, he's nose is injured and and the same as his cheek.

what is the blood on the side of his lip... i'm not dumb to not notice what kind of creature he is.

but i choose to ignore him and turn around. i already know who causes the footsteps there is no reason or me to check him up.

i yawn and lazily walk towards the .... i don't know. i should just go north.

.
.
.

i stared at the village and scratches my head and turn back to the forest. luckily i could just do the same thing i did when i entered the forest the first time.

however, i don't remember a someone following me earier. i stopped and stared at boy walking behind me. he look away and just stod still.

i took a step forward and he did the same as me , i took two steps and he copied me.

i scratch my head and just continued walking. Lilith is still waiting for me let's just ignore the king and pretend i can't see him...

.
.
.

...which is impossible..

"stop following me" i lazily said causing him to stare at me still emotionless.

"stay" i sleepily said and observe his expression and saw nothing change.

i started walking again and didn't heard his footsteps anymore.lucky.

i don't know why there's a kid in this forest, yeah it's understandable that i would meet him at the dark considering that he's a vampire.

assuming that he is.

and i heard that vampires are rare. they can be considered as a treasure, people that have vampires in their houses uses them as a slave and i don't need one.

My sister already have me, she doesn't need one either.

i felt my eye twitch when i heard rush footstep again just like earlier they were heading towards me.

turning around to the source of the footstep i was greeted with nothing but no one can hide from me, i guess not right now considering i'm the only person in the forest except the boy.

"i said don't follow me" the boy peek at me from a tree and stared at me with the same emotion, none.

we stared for a few minutes and decided to admit defeat.

"fine" i turn around again to continue my way towards the end of the forest only to growl in frustration.

i am lost ... again.

.
.
.

both of us stared at the village and decided to use the entrance to walk away from this village instead.

i glance at the boy when i felt his stares.

"what is it?"

"thank you" i felt startled when i heard his voice. it was small and angelic just like his captivating appearance.

but i was confused when his words finally processed on my mind.

"what?" i asked he stared at me and held my pinky and lightly tug it.

"you.. you are the one... who killed them.. right?"

"them?" we stared for a few seconds and i finally understood.

"are you the reason why the goblins are causing trouble to this village?"

a few seconds late he nod

"father.. them.. killed" does this kid doesn't know how to talk?

"they killed your father, is he part of this town?" he nodded

"is he just like you?" he shakes his head as a no causing me nod in understanding.

the boy's father probably just a normal dude and tried to hide him in this town, when a goblin found him and notice that he's a vampire they started causing a mess in this town.

but something is off.

The Goblin in this world is greedy to treasures.

but how did the goblins found out that a precious treasure is living in this area?

suspicions.