Chapter 68

"The two great movers of the human mind are the desire of good and the fear of evil."
― Dr. Amit Abraham

Chapter 68: Levi Daniels

[Levi Daniels]

the human's mind is the most dangerous that exist in a person.

The human consciousness that originates in the brain and is manifested especially in thought, perception, emotion, will, memory, and imagination.

it's unpredictable... no one can fully know what's on the human's mind.

even people that studied it since young still had a hard time and would sometimes rely on the other's behavior and body's movement to fully know what's going on with the other party.

Human's are hateful, if you compared them to animals they are much more wild, unrestrained and are difficult to tame.

if you manage to tame them they would still betray you and stab you in the back.

i might sound pessimist and has a trust issues on humans but it's the truth.

At a young age i only have one thing in my mind. Science.

I don't believe in god, but i know how to respect everyone's belief.

i don't believe in a devil.

actually i don't believe anything that was proven personally by me.

if you figure out my personality then congratulations

i am levi Daniels, i am what they called a scientist.

i don't care about anything but myself, i have no interest at things and people doesn't care about me as well.

i am a narcissistic and sharp tongue person, it wasn't a surprise to me that everyone hates my guts.

Everyone in the nero knows me and all of them wants to distance themselves away from me.

so it was a huge surprise to me when someone suddenly barge into my room and shouted at me.

on impulse i shouted at him back.

or i thought a him... but actually a girl.

if i remember correctly the woman who owns this place finally allowed someone to rent the other room.

so this is them.

i fix my coat and followed them on their way out with my gaze.

i organize the empty beaker that was accidentally shove and carefully cleaned the chemical that got spilled.

i need to finish this chemical that would destroy the microorganism.

This idea come into me after remembering that they are harmful bacteria in the body.

and how to destroy them. this might be useful to medicine industry but i'm not giving it to them.

Who cares if they die.

"i see, then we wasted our days doing the same thing then, hearing the same noise, and wearing the same thing, anyway i need to know what really happens when time loop occurs"

Time loop... ?

That's impossible.

but if it really happens then... is it the reason why i couldn't finish my chemical?

I purse my lips and opened the door a bit to hear them more properly.

"It's not... it seems like someone is removing our memory. if i am not mistaken... the spell affect us on day 2... when the day was finished day 3 happened and someone removed our memory from yesterday making us think that it's still day 2"

removing memory... that makes sense.

then.. my eyes landed at my unfinished chemical and i walk towards it...

if their theory really is what is happening right now... then i should have been done a a few days ago.

considering that i only need a proper producer organism.

after that i could leave this place.

i put down the beaker and went outside, i tilted my head when i saw a shadow swerving towards the left side.

i shrug it off and opened the door meeting the pair of pink eyes that i never saw before.

" i heard your voice in the other side of the room. i heard everything about the time loop. or something."

"you are wrong"

"huh?"

"This isn't a time loop... but something horrifying that involves the human's mind"

i can see it ... the eyes of resentment towards humans.

i doubt something happened to her that made her hate her own species.

She's probably very aware of the dark side of humanity.

because i can see how well fed she is... i could even see the clothes that were thrown in the garbage carelessly.

and they seem new too.

Agh it's another brat i see.

"anyway who ask you to come here as you wish?"

i could see disgust on her face... she seems looking down at me, damn if not because of the time loop they've been discussing i wouldn't even consider talking to her at all.

i took off my glasses and messes my thick hair and glared at her.

"i do ... and i don't need your permission... this is not your house"

she scoff and sat down on the bed where a man with green hair is.

"tell em about this time loop"

"why would i, you already heard it right?, you seem don't need any information from me mr. mad scientist"

she stared at me from head to toe and snicker.

"Why don't you learn how to dress properly and take a bath, you smell so disgusting, anyway it actually suits you, no offense" she playfully pinches her nose and stared at me as if i am as low as a bug.

I just glared at her and scoff.

"Well compared to a tomboy like you, i don't need to fix myself to look the best. " i stared at her from head to toe and snickers.

"My bad you actually don't act like a man at all i mistaken your gender because of your face.. you look like a man, no offense flat chest"

both of us glared at each other causing the other woman to sweat drop.

"anyway, i really don't need it... i'm going back to my work"

i just need to investigate my self them... easy enough.

tsk as i thought every human is a waste of time.

i was about to leave when she suddenly stop me.

"Wait... why are you interested?"

"What is it to you?"

i stared at her suspiciously.

i clearly saw her looking down at me, staring at me as if i am just a lowly dirt standing in front of her.

but now, her gaze change.

it seems like i become an object of interest to her.

an object that would become very useful, a toll that will be used after a few polishing.

ah right... she's staring at me like i am a piece of a puzzle in a game of jigsaw.

her gaze is so calculating.

i only saw one person that posses the same gaze as her....

but compare to this person, he seems like an amateur manipulative human.

I purse my lips and turn around to face her fully.

"Good that we could agree on something"

i think i'm regretting this.