Chapter 19

"Being a woman is a terribly difficult trade since it consists principally of dealings with men."
― Joseph Conrad, 

Chapter 19: Dense

I sat in front of milady and stared at her silently, it's very obvious that she wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, and i notice that she have a very gloomy atmosphere, i tilted my head slightly and continued staring at her while ignoring tatum who sits beside me with a bored smiley expression.

i only witness lilith being like this twice, once when the prince ditch her to her shopping plan and the excuse the prince gave her is that he had a business to do with hadley.

the second one when i forgot to gave her a present on her birthday, but i did my best to cheer her up with a song... yeah i sang a song on her birthday.

this time i have a huge feeling that this is about the prince. 

she made a sigh and glance at me grimly.

"just ask" and so i did

"what's up duc?" her eye twitch and then she sigh. already knowing what nonsense i have uttered.

"before you left" ah i flinch... 

"i was about to follow you too but lady Cassandra that bitch!.. ehem lady Cassandra dragged to a nonsense unnecessary stupid fight"

i owlishly black and notice tatum giving me a stare causing me to look away.

"Milady calm down yourself.. a lady should not speak inappropriate word-"

"you shall not correct nor interrupt me when i'm fucking talking!"

"yes!"

i stared nervously at  her finger pointing in front of my face dangerously... that's why d on't like this side of her.. i couldn't retort or say something.

this is probably father and i's influences, we are the worse influences that ever exist.

"so... she told this hadley lockwood that, i quote, "a mere commoner should not be freely walking in this aristocratic school especially the person who seduced the prince"... and she fucking gave signs that i told her that!"

i nervously stared at tatum who's staring blankly at my sister... hoping her would not take offense towards the lady i grasp his hand causing him to stiffen and glance t me a=in horror which i ignore.

i know my hands are raspy and far from a lady's hand because of daily harsh training i received from father but he shouldn't reacted that way it made me feel pissed.

i place my elbow on the table and rested my chin on my palm as i listen to my sister ranting like a brute. many have change this past few years... one, priest gabriel isn't an angel and gentle anymore, he become like a mother who's stress level from her child has reach the peak. two, my father is not gentle to em anymore, he become a huge pain in the act, and lastly my sister become scary when things doesn't go well with her. 

"greetings" lilith pause and composes herself causing me to raise my eyebrow and stared at th owner of the voice and saw the prince.

"greetings your highness prince Ryan Prescott of Anemos" what a sudden change of personality.

Scary... humans and their minds are scary.

prince ryan sits beside me and his knight clive sits beside lady together with hadley.

i felt a hand rubbing my palm circularly ad i glanced at it and saw tatum with a tiny hint of red in his face staring at out hands with a unidentified expression.

i let go of his hand and stand causing the everyone to stare at me which is very awkward so i sit down again... i wish someone would destroy this damn awkward atmosphere becaues any minute now i'm gonna throw up.

i sigh and was about to talk when a maid pushing a food cart arrive and silently placing the food on the table.

i intently observe the maid and believe me she's so damn pretty, with big bust and slender body, anyone in modern world would wish to be with her... to bed her , just kidding... just kidding, women should be respected. not because their fragile nor valuable. but because their human, they are the same specie as us, the same with women, men should be respected too, don't judge a book by it's cover as what they say.

actually we should look to a person not by our first impressions to them but by our second impression. the first impression is well thought, scripted and sometimes unintended. on the second impression is where their real personality started to show, in this impression you could also sense their impression towards you, you will start to notice what they sees on you.

these are just my opinions okay? no need to react strongly.

i tune out everyone when they started chatting idly while eating, when suddenly i felt a pair of hand pinches my chin and turn my head gently, and i was greeted with a pair of blue eyes.

"hm?" confused i hum making him smile, i stared at his hand holding a spoon and which is slowly moving towards me and on instinct i opened my mouth and accepted the food.

"tch"i heard the prince clicks his tongue but i ignored it and covered my mouth with my fingers and silently chewed the food and went back to eating.

i don't really care about the ambiguous action tatum made, i mean it's just him feeding me right?

"my my brother, you two look like a sweet couple" i stop and stared at hadley and i notice tatum turned completely red and prince ryan has a dark expression.

"now no one can flirt with miss suzue now" hadley said innocently, i manage to catch  her staring at me in piss expression but was hidden immediately and was replace with a sweet smile.

wait.. if feeding another person can lead tto everyone thinking that they belong to each other.. then.

with a serious expression i raise my hand while holding a spoon and move it towards lilith who's staring at the prince dreamily. she snap back to reality and notice my expression.

without a word she eat the food making me beam in satisfaction.

now.. no one can steal her from me.

especially not that prince.