DRIVING-III

PRESCOTT's POV:

Mountain climbers in water would make any grown man cry and I'm no exception to it. Thankfully, waters and tears mix well. Chief has been tearing my thighs with mountain climbers after we did few warm-up exercises in the water.

"Faster Prescott" No you dirty minded Chief, there is no going there.

I push my legs as hard as I can but after that run, I'm dying.

One hand slips along with my legs and I fall face first. Damn! I get back up immediately but it is not enough.

"No, stay there. Turn around and lie in the water" Sleep watching the clouds, shiver and die - roger that Chief!

"Someone is turning old. Knees working ok, old man?" You are ancient Chief. I'm young, go ask Darcy!

"Yes Chief"

"Hmm.. Must be the mountain climbers then. Poor thing couldn't handle your fat ass."

I stay silent knowing there is no question there and my body is still busy catching a breath and get some rest.

"I don't like failures. If you are instructed to do something, either do it or pass out or die. If you are up and the task is incomplete, you will curse me all your life."

"Roger that Chief" because if I didn't speak now, you would probably test whether I'm a cat and have nine lives.

"Dismissed" What? 600 mountain climbers in water and he let me go? Is he for real? I look at him to just confirm and immediately get my answer.

"The rein is yours. The team is yours. You own you. So you are free to go. You might want to run though before I decide to kill you"

I run out knowing that he is not going to punish me. He just will test me from time to time. My failure will be a reflection on me and a matter of his pride or disappointment but now I'm no longer under his command.

---

KYRA's POV:

After almost choking Ashwin and Arjun for my reports, I report to Chief. Bastards didn't even tell me what they reported to Chief about my driving until I had tried asking, begging, hitting and finally resorting to age old woman's best friend - tears. Few fake tears and both had given their reports like a parrot. Why did I not think of this sooner?

Reporting to Chief, I wait knowing at least 3 people gave good reports. Roshesh told me right then itself. And these two assholes will pay for making me work.

"Good. Continue your practice daily till the week ends. We will have the final test then. Don't make a mistake or Prescott will pay for it."

"Yes sir"

"You know why Prescott pays for your mistakes?"

"Because he is our leader and the mind game works"

Chief laughed and I almost want to throw my head to the wall. Really I said mind games? Great Kyra.

"No, because when you are driving, you have the responsibility of somebody in your hands. You need that lesson in your soul before the blood ever gets to your hands. And I like Prescott as the dummy to teach you that. If you want, we can always volunteer other people. Maybe the entire team paying for your mistakes will be mind games enough?"

"Sir, sorry sir" I say in the most innocent daughter tone I use on Dad because there is no way I can get away safely otherwise. "I didn't mean it in that way. Besides the entire team's lives are in my hand if I drive. I'm never forget that. There is no need for volunteers."

He walks away laughing "Nice one. Drop and give me 50 before you leave" Damn! Why did I have to say anything and sorry!

I push my tired body thinking of all the ways I'll be dead before the week and the test is over.

---

On Kyra's Test Day

PRESCOTT's POV:

I'm sweating even though no muscle of mine is moving. Kyra has gone for the test drive and Chief's instructions are clear. I'm to stand at the gate with a rope and a bottle nearby. Well, clearly, he expects that I'll be screwed grandly. Oh God! My entire backside will be peeled layer by layer if that ever happened and then he will screw me on top of it.

Kyra you better pass this test.

With a barely contained nervousness, I stand in attention knowing Chief would know otherwise. With him, I'll always feel like a cadet.

Half an hour passes by when Kyra returns. One look at her face and I know Chief hasn't told her if she passed or failed. With a instruction to follow the car with the things, Kyra drives to the ground and I go running behind.

Kyra parks the car perfectly and in that, I hope she passed the test too. She stands beside me and Chief says, "You should use the rope around your neck Prescott. She drives better than you. Dismissed"

When he said use the rope, my mouth went dry and I almost pissed myself thinking about the damage I'll face. Thank God! Man, Kyra finally phew. Saved!

I walk out with nearly trembling legs and a smile kn my face while Kyra is bouncing and walking. If I know her well, she is about to rub it in the boys' faces until one of them kills her.

--

A/N:

The book is coming to an end. One final mission and we are done. But if you guys want one shots, specific scenarios or you have found loopholes, let me know and I'll try my best to cover as many as I can.