Schedule 1

A/N:

I know most don't bother reading but please do:

I noticed that last chapter was missing a chunk of it today. I have added that in the last chapter itself at the end  - marked in Bolded, italicized and underlined with words "added here". Please read there before this or some things won't make sense.

Thank you

--

KYRA'S POV:

"Kadner, go make me my tea first" I barely suppressed a chuckle at that. It seems like the scary Colonel is addicted to my Dad's tea. Something so easy to make and yet never quite the same if done by somebody else.

"Yes, sir" Shit! That means we will be left alone. Fuck!

Once Dad leaves his office, Colonel stares at me while I keep my eyes ahead willing myself to not shudder at the pressure creeping on me. This man is going to decide if I just wasted a few year's of my life or am I actually going to help Dad in something. No pressure!

Satisfied with whatever he saw, he completely ignores me and continues with the Major.

"I want the next week schedule by Monday afternoon. Add 2 rounds of Valley until I'm satisfied with their performance."

"Roger that, sir" No idea who dared to dissatisfy him but I am so happy I'm not a cadet here. I don't think he is the kind to be easily satisfied with people's performances.

"Who is coaching the football team this term?"

"Me, sir"I don't want to listen in to their conversation but there is nothing much I can do.

"Is that so?"

"Y-yes, sir" Oh god! He intimidates Major Wills too! And here I thought only Dad could do that.

"No. Major Nick will be coaching them. Till then you conduct the evening sessions. You will inform him when he gets back."

"Yes, sir"

Before more questions follow, Dad enters and places the cup of tea from the tray before Colonel. I sure hope it is the same as always or Dad is going to get me killed.

---
Kadner's POV -

Turning his chair to look out the window, he enjoys the cup of tea while three people stand tight before him scared of what happens next.

"Let me come straight to the point-"
Colonel starts speaking and I shudder at what's coming.

"- You think you are ready, cadet? Because the deal was simple - if you pass my tests, you're in for your dad's mission. If you fail, you're out. Top it with - me rogering him to bring you unprepared, and him rogering you to be unprepared. So what do you think?"

Nice move, Colonel. Scaring her within minutes of our arrival. Your tactics are brilliant.

"I'm prepared to give my best, sir."
"Oh your best? That sounds good. How did you prepare? Let's begin with what all were the weak points that I had pointed out last time?"