Ready?

PRESCOTT'S POV:

We have been sweating it quietly on the beach since the wakeup call and Chief seems to be in no mood of ending the session for some breakfast. I'm hungry, as always!

"Spot jog" Damn you, Chief ! I hate this on sand. Spot jog is hard as it is and sand makes it a killer. Whatever you say next is only going to delay my breakfast.

"I have nothing more to teach you."

WHAT? Oh man, is he so pissed at me that he refuses to train us? Dammit man, it took me a ride to hell to get him to agree in the first place. Shit! Shit! What will I do without him? And if Colonel finds out why he left, I'm dead. Man, why does all shits keep happening to me only?

He continued, "You have learnt tactical, medical, physical and mental aspects of this life. These are just your tools. Like all tools, they will need to be maintained or else, they will rust" Yes Chief, that is if you leave. Or else, we are never rusting. Unless it is from too much exposure to water.

"Every situation you encounter will be different. How you use these tools is on you – your guts, instincts, reflexes – whatever you want to call it. Practice, practice and practice for every mission. I'm here to evaluate you and guide you. I'll also give you a chance to practice SERE. But for now, I have nothing more to teach you. We will go over everything today and party hard tonight. Dismissed" Shit! What do I say? Fuck! I wanted that breakfast so bad.

"Chief, I was being stupid and I will listen to you. Please don't leave on this note." I beg with my eyes on the ground. Yes, I know, I'm digging a grave as always.

With a hit to my head upside down, he speaks right in my bent down face, "You idiot, I mean it. This training is over. It is time for missions. I'm not leaving but the schedules will change now. Get over yourself and you better be on the breakfast table before me. Am I clear?" Woah! We get the go ahead. Yay! Finally! That bastard has it coming for years.

"Clear, Chief" I run for a quick shower and hope I make it before Chief. The man is too fast for his old age. And I want nothing to change his mind. It has to be go-time always!!

--

KYRA'S POV:

There is something going on with Dad, Roshesh and Chief. Even Officer Siddharth is staying far away from Roshesh and that is a first. Those two stick together like magnets and if one is in trouble, the other always volunteers. Strange!

Even when Dad trained him at home, I would never know about these things from their mouths. I had to overhear or take a guess from the injuries or punishments. Damn it! Those two are going to be the cause of the entire family's early death.

Well, they will get through this like always. Chucking that worry out, I concentrate on the beautiful beach where we are sweating for the past hour with just the sound of the crashing waves, our breaths and pounding hearts. The beach is much better than the damn classroom or the medbay where we revised for it all. I hope this day gets over soon as nicely as it is going on. We have managed to perform well enough to earn nothing extra and I want all of us to graduate – graduate from this and end what we came here for. End terrorism and go on that field. I'm dying to finally go on my first mission.

--

PRESCOTT'S POV:

A little hungover from yesterday's party with Chief, I fumble for my phone. The liquid courage is still coursing in my body. I need it to get through this. I take a deep breath and pick up the phone. If Kyra wants in on the field, I cannot stop this.

"Good morning, sir. Kader reporting sir"

"Oh, you know how to use the phone?"

"Uhh..Yes, sir" Shit! Is he pissed?