EPIC FAILURE

FIRST SUNDAY OF THE SECOND MONTH

THE NIGHT OF INSPECTION

OFFICER SIDDHARTH'S POV:

Agent Prescott dismissed us at 2000 hours giving us about 0700 hours to clean the entire warehouse and complete our beauty sleeps. Naturally, we decided to sacrifice our dear sleep. Since we are very nice persons, instead of just letting the juniors do the cleaning, we decided to take one floor ourselves and then double check their work so that we could complete it on time.

Taking the cleaning equipment, we got to work reminiscing our time as juniors in the academy. I still remember our first inspection. That probably was the first time we got screwed the entire night.

"Roshesh, you remember our first inspection?"

Roshesh replies with a straight tone, "Yeah, it was pretty uneventful. We got screwed the entire of the damn Sunday without a single meal. We learnt that we could go an entire 24 hours just on curses! Nothing much to remember, right?"

I laughed at his sarcastic response. He is still pissed about my words for this inspection.

"Yup, nothing much to remember. Our other inspections were uneventful too. Just like this one would be."

He scoffs before muttering, "I got screwed in all inspections. Not one went my way and if Agent Prescott is checking, this won't either"

I smiled remembering the stupid mistake he made during our first inspection. The mistake of arguing back.

"And whose fault would that be?"

Roshesh sheepishly said, "Like I knew that pointing out the obvious would get me in trouble. Unlike you, I have no plans on taking extra punishments."

I hit him with the mop stick I was using, "Ass, I do not wish to take any punishment, let alone some extra ones. Stop being a complainer."

Roshesh, with his hands in surrender, and a glare, spoke, "Okay. Okay"

"Did you really think that telling our instructor that the wall is off-white and not white would have helped?"

"Well, you see, he said that the wall was not clean. He did not tell us specifically about the spot we missed. So, I thought, he must have forgotten the wall colour and needed a reminder."

Cleaning, I smile, "Yeah, totally harmless to tell your instructor, who was also from the academy that he forgot the wall colour of the barracks he lived in."

Now, it was my turn to get whacked for making fun of him. Roshesh, put me in a headlock and speaks, "How long are you going to hold it over me?"

"Until we pass an inspection without being screwed"

Letting me go, he speaks, "Come on, those were some fun times. You should be proud of being part of 'Owl Squad'"

"Oh, I would have been proud to be a part of the colour-blind-getting-screwed-all-night squad, if I had done anything to land there. My only mistake was having the cadet number after yours."

Roshesh, with a scoff says, "Get back to work so that we can pass this and I can stop hearing you whine"

With a smile on my face, I whistle while cleaning the ground floor, accidentally getting on a few of Roshesh's nerves and getting drenched with some soap water in return.

--

0300 HOURS

OFFICER ROSHESH VAZA: