SITE- II

PRESCOTT's POV:

While I couldn't save them for burning fires of plank world record last night, I hope I'm not killing them here. One mistake of mine and they would have to pay.

I presented my plan to the Chief making sure I don't miss a single detail or step in planning. I cannot afford to lose his trust or be the disappointment for him or the team. Actually, I don't want to.

And here I'm waiting for his reply almost sweating like it is my first fucking presentation. Well, except for dead hands.

"Team, do you have any pointers, questions?"

"No, sir" replies each of them

"So, you are 100% sure and agree with his plan?"

"Yes, sir" I wish I could say that this yes had the same confidence as the no spoken.

When Chief questions you, some self doubt creeps in. I hope he didn't notice it.

"Wow. What level of confidence in you and your leader. Again, do you agree with his plan?"

"YES, SIR" Oh God, I hope they are right.

"Good. We may not have all the resources of a Defense Force but we can always make things work. So, you guys ready to take one more piece down?"

"YES, SIR" I release a breath. He approves. I didn't miss anything... Yay!

"Prescott, prepare a rough make do of the layout for their practice runs. We may attack in 4 days. Plan your practices accordingly. You will take help and instruct only. Am I clear?"

"Yes, Chief" No harming my , sorry, your owned ribs!

"Rest of you, suicides up and down the beach. You better have a good number before I make it there" Damn! Him and me alone!

The team runs aways immediately and I stand straighter.

"Squats. Slow. 10. Now. Your ribs should not feel a thing"

I squat in slow like a 110 kg man trying his first one. He just watches me try not to breath wrong and die slow.

At each one, he puts a pause in between with his "hold" and "up".

By 5th, I can feel it. Damn! A few days of no activity and my muscles hate me already.

"You remember the day I found the Chief's recruit?" Like I can forget that. It started everything.

"Yes, Chief. You found me running in warmers so that I could fight the cold and sleep. I tried to lie and say some instructor had me running so that I won't be kicked out for breaking the bed time rule" 

"You know why I was out and none of your other instructors?"

"No, Chief"

"We had a recruit who had the same problem as you. Couldn't keep the weight off ever no matter what other instructors tried"

I keep silent but I am dying if this goes to no food. I am already on too less.

My mind prays and hopes while he says nothing.