YOU ARE STILL SUICIDAL

0700 HOURS

KYRA IRANI

I'm terrified and anxious as I wait for our trainer to return. Agent Prescott calls him 'Chief Darhk' but he doesn't seem to be from around here. Why does he have that hold on him? And why is Dr. Darcy joining us?

Trying to stop tapping my feet nervously, I let the stoic mask fall back on. Revealing things does no one any good. Thankfully, everybody has assembled back on time but our trainer is nowhere on site. Standing idly would have been a preferred option, but Agent Prescott seems to have taken on the trainer's role till the cute bomb takes over.

"Suicides from one end of the floor to another. Go" orders Agent Prescott. Thankfully, Agent Prescott would have some rest. He doesn't look good and he has 7 nights with our new trainer. I don't see him sleeping well this week.

Running seems to be the agenda of today. Except our sleeping barracks and the kitchen, we have ran every corner of this whole factory/warehouse/building, whatever you want to call it. How in the hell will we be training here without getting noticed is beyond me?

We have lugged our bags, stretchers, beds, tyres, stationery gym bikes and weights up and around during our runs. I don't think any oxygen is reaching my lungs. There is a severe burn there and in my legs. I'm gasping for breaths and panting like a dog all at the same time but Agent Prescott seems far from stopping. Before he could decide what we would be running with next, our new trainer enters with another one of his damn smiles.

He says to Agent Prescott "You seem to have killed them already. Boys, go get some water and meet me in 20 minutes here. Prescott, you said 'sir' once, correct?"

"I said it thrice, Chief Darhk. Once before you told me to call you Chief Darhk. Second time, you correct me and third time when I was showing the place around, Chief Darhk"

We sat on the floor to relax, when Chief Darhk spoke, "Well at least you haven't changed much. You are still suicidal. DROP. ONE-ARMED PUSH UPS. REPS OF 62" I guess that counts for something in our trainer's books.

I hope Agent Prescott has been exercising every day. And he did not disappoint. He managed to do three reps with his left hand before changing hands and pushing another three reps with his right. Our 20 minutes were up and Agent Prescott's hands were shaking.

"Plank, Prescott" said our trainer and turning to us, he said, "This month, we will test and improve your observation skills. So, pay close attention to every minute thing." Turning back to Agent Prescott, he said, "Prescott, how many rounds did the boys do, today?"

"Five suicides, three with bags, five in pairs with stretchers, two in pairs with beds, one with tyres, one in pairs with stationery gym bikes and five with weights, Chief Darhk"

Continuing this sudden viva, he asks, "How many windows are there in this place?"

"Five, Chief Darhk"

"List them"

"Two on the ground floor, one on the first floor and two on the second floor, Chief Darhk. All of them are covered with newspaper."

Turning back towards us, he said, "Know each nook and corner of this building by the end of lunch time."

Before he could continue more, a lady entered the building through the back door dragging some luggage behind. Our trainer had a dark scowl on his face and Officer Roshesh and Siddharth were on high alert.

"It is Dr. Darcy, Chief Darhk" said Agent Prescott, still in plank.

You could see the instant change in the faces of Agent Prescott and Officer Roshesh. Chief Darhk smiled wide, one that made him look so innocent that it should have been a crime. He walked towards the doctor, bowed, kissed the back of her hand and said, "Dr. Darcy, it is a pleasure meeting you. I have heard so much about you. I hope you know how lucky we are to have you. I'll try my best not to inconvenience you so much." I think my jaw is never closing. From his accent to his tone, everything has changed. It is almost like he is flirting with this woman. Oh my God, is he for real.