HELL WEEK

DR.DARCY'S POV:

At bloody 4:45 in the morning, Mr. Darhk had woken me up to give me instructions. It is not like he could do it last night, right? Ass. He spoiled my beauty sleep for a one line instruction - All meals are to be served exactly every 6 hours for the next week with a cup of hot chocolate and they must be ready before 8 o'clock in the morning. Then, I had to stay with him and medically supervise whatever shit they are doing for the rest of the day.

Grumbling an okay, I grudgingly woke up from the bed, cursing myself at accepting this stupid project for Prescott.

After I had slaved over the meals, arranged them and kept it ready-to-heat, I cleaned the kitchen, took a nice shower and made it to his room exactly a minute before 8. Thank God for that. The man already lectures too much in that booming loud voice of his. I do not want to be the person responsible for him losing his voice.

But God, what a sight I stumbled into! Everybody, except Mr. Darhk, was uncontrollably shivering. I mean, what else should I have expected from people dressed in bare minimum clothing in a room filled with snow and still having air conditioning on full blast?

One end of the room had huge wooden logs, back-packs, some weights and sticks. The other end had a tub filled with icy water. In between these, lay 6 people shivering in cold yet panting from the exercise they were doing. Mr. Darhk was shouting and cussing a mile a minute and nobody said anything accepting Yeses.

I don't think I will be spending my days here for a week. All of them would be in the infirmary dead from hypothermia or passed out from dehydration or exhaustion before today.

Damn, I should have worn an extra jacket. The air is too cold. I'm fully covered in thick comfy scrubs and a jacket but if I knew I'll be spending the entire day in this condition, I would have worn warmer clothes. I did not sign up to freeze.

--

AGENT PRESCOTT

Day 1
Instead of the ruckus, shouts and sirens with which Hell Week starts in US Navy SEALs, Chief started the week with just three words said in the lowest tone, "Strip and drop". No shouting, no cursing and no threats. Just simple three words. That gave me hope that the week may not be that bad. But who am I kidding?

Since then, we have pushed, kicked and jumped in the knee deep snowy room with AC on full blast in just our shorts, socks and shoes. How much I'm willing to pay for some boobs right now! Kyra gets to wear something on her chest while there are goose bumps everywhere from the cold.

Shivers followed soon enough. With shivers, came Chief's speech, "5 and a half days is Navy SEALs Hell Week. We are going to do it for 6 days. If you fail to complete this week, I'll kick you out from training even if I have kicked you all through the week. So, I am offering you this choice - quit now and we can stop this. The person leaving gets to sit wrapped in blankets and enjoy hot chocolate and you would have made life much easier for your buddies. So, who will quit?"

Needless to say that all that the speech did was increase the shivers. Thankfully, nobody spoke to quit. I know from here on, the pressure to quit will only increase. Chief will push each of us to consider the idea, play with our minds and show exactly how rosy quitting will be.

Running, jumping and pushing was the norm of the day. But nothing we did generated enough heat for us to stop shivering for long. Whenever anybody stopped shivering, the grand prize of doing flutter kicks submerged in the tub went to that person or the buddy team. I stopped thinking about stopping my shivers after that. Either ways, we were screwed. Ensuring that there was enough heat led to a cold dip bringing us squarely back to being cold. We are staying cold as long as he wants us that way.