GO FASTER!

PRESCOTT'S POV:

The two minutes of plank seem like an eternity to me. But what he says shall be done.

"I think in training the team I have not been paying enough attention to you. It is unfair to you. What do you think, Prescott?"

More attention than this?! Now that would be unfair, Chief!

"As you see fit, Chief" like I could say no to anything he decides.

He chuckles at my statement but continues without a comment, "Maybe I should call in Instructor Patches. Isn't that what you called him behind his back?"

"Y-yes, Chief" Oh Lord, stop having fun at my expense. For one, he is not supposed to know this name. And if Instructor Mike finds out, I'm a dead man. He was a hell of his own. It didn't help that I had managed to piss him off while being his charge. And I added fuel to that fire after being in the compound for three days and yet not going to him to apologize. If he is called now, I would be black and blue for the most part of this training.

Chief chuckled, "Quite creatively fitting name you found for him. Though physically, it doesn't match him at all"

"Yes, Chief" I hope he doesn't see this smile. When I first met him, his physical attributes were what convinced me that out there, I had an guardian angel. He had a soft face and looked so thin to the point of malnourishment. Even his voice was soft. When Chief decided to place me under his watch, I was delighted. Finally a break. Little did I know the difference between his teaching and training.

I was shaking not just from the damn plank but also from remembering the sessions I had with him. The man had quite a creative way of training you.

He was our martial arts and hand-to-hand combat instructor. When he taught, he was calm, controlled and exceptionally soft towards us. When he trained us, we were lucky if we could walk after his session. His session was purposefully kept last thing of the day. In a way, it sucked having to summon energy to perform in his session after the day we had but I can't imagine what would happen if his was the first session we had. Well, actually, I was the lucky idiot who had some sessions with him bright and early. Let's just say I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

"YOU BETTER NOT FALL. Fucking dolls can do a plank for 4 minutes on their second day. Scroll down Twitter and you would find it."

"Yes, Chief" is all I can say while mentally cursing this doll who I'm now competing against.

"So, shall we call him?" Please don't call him, Chief! You are enough in itself!

"Permission to speak freely, Chief" I say with great effort from holding in the plank.

He says nothing making my heart sink lower than my body from this bloody plank.

When the damn 5 minutes are over, I fall face first and try to make the most of this rest. There is 11 more sets to go. And Lord have mercy if I fail in completing it.

After the damn 30 seconds run away like a rabit, I take a deep breath and mentally prepare myself to die right here in plank.

While I'm in the damn plank, Chief walks away leaving me hanging, I mean, figuratively.

---