Arranging the finances

SECRET LOCATION:

OFFICER ROSHESH VAZA

Before I could meet up with Sid, Agent Prescott walked back in and assigned me to the duty of ensuring that the cadets are up to the task of facing our trainer.

With just a month, I have no idea how I can get them to any decent standards, let alone to the ones he expects from them. I mean the trainer must know that they are still cadets, so it must be okay that their standards are still work-in-progress.

Deciding to give my best anyways, I have ordered all three cadets and Sid to report to me half an hour after being dismissed from their daily session.

--

2230 HOURS:

KYRA IRANI:

Officer Roshesh had asked everybody to report to the old closed gym at the edge of the facility. Right now, I would not mind being asked to crawl because that is what I felt like doing. There is no way I will be able to do a single exercise, let alone whatever else Officer Roshesh has in mind. I'm hoping it is just a meeting to give us more details of this task force.

With a quick salute, we stood before Officer Roshesh in attention. Without wasting a second, he ordered us to drop and start pushing.

"From today onwards, till they day we join the force, we are going to be training here every day. How long one session lasts depends on your performance. So, give it your all if you want some sleep in this month. Are we clear?"

We spoke "Clear, sir" in unison loudly for him to be satisfied. But I felt like dying inside. I can't take this one more night. I need some sleep. 

"We will start with 200 push-ups, 150 crunches, 150 sit-ups, 50 pull-ups, 1500 burpees, 50 laps in the swimming pool and 5 km run. I'll record the time for all of you today. Every day, there has to be an improvement, otherwise, you will pay dearly. We will add new exercises on alternate days. So let's started with today's push-ups"

We have already done 50 push-ups. I can barely move. Is he insane? Who am I kidding, he has definitely been infested with the Prescott bug. How are we supposed to do this and more with better speeds every day after a whole day of shit load of training? And he is going to ignore these push-ups.

My anger at his high-handed demands were the only thing helping me to push my arms over and over again. Damn, every freaking thing hurts. 

--

0230 HOURS

Each second felt like an eternity in hell. As the exercises progressed, my breathing was ragged and my body in ruins. Whenever Officer Roshesh felt that my time was not sufficient enough, his shouts and curses would provide just the right adrenaline to push myself more. When one of us could no longer continue, he would add some form of torture in the other two's unending list of punishments.

I hate to say that some of those extra minutes of torture were on my account too while I despise that I had to go through some shit because of Arjun and Ashwin's lacking. But I'm glad that it is finally over and I can just put my head on a pillow instead of the hardwood floors or the gravelly ground.

--

AGENT PRESCOTT

I was waiting in the dark in one corner waiting for the right time to show myself and arrange for some finance. As soon as Officer Roshesh announced that the cadets were dismissed, I made my presence known.

Immediately, everybody saluted me and stood to attention.

"Officers and Cadet Arjun, you stay back. Rest can leave" With that, I motioned for them to follow me to my room.

As soon we entered our room, I ordered Cadet Arjun in a plank position. Placing the laptop near his fingers, I squatted down to his level and said, "We need money for our training period. You are going to hack into some accounts, leave no trace and get us that money. There is an untitled file on the desktop with the bank accounts I have opened in different names in different banks and the amounts you are to deposit in each of those accounts. Below those, there is the list of accounts you are going to get the money from."

Meekly, Cadet Arjun spoke, "Sir, umm.. I can't do that in plank sir. It will take some time and I would need my hands free for it, sir"

Pressing hard with my left foot on his shoulder blades, I say, "You were saying, Cadet?"

Immediately, Arjun cried out, "I'll do it, sir"

Keeping my foot there, I addressed the Officers, "Officer Siddharth, the laptop belongs to Officer Roshesh. In case, this idiot does leave a footprint that can be traced back to us, I need you to be an alibi for Officer Roshesh. So, outside my room, we are going to be working out till your Cadet comes through. Any mistake he makes in his plank or his work, you will be paying for it. Gentlemen, start with 50 push-ups. I'll join you in a second."

Officer Siddharth looked shocked but he followed the order. I was expecting him to go to the morals and ethics part of stealing money. But I'm not ready to tell people more than they need to know right now. 

Turning to face Cadet Arjun once the door was closed, I asked, "How long will it take in plank?"

"At least 3 hours, sir"

"And if I let you sit on your ass and work?"

"An hour tops, sir"

"Ok then, I'll add 3 hours of plank in your instructors' night. You can sit on your ass. Or you can continue in plank and your instructors get nothing added. Choice is yours."

"Permission to speak freely, sir"

I anticipate that he is going to ask that his actual time be considered in the punishment and not the estimated one.

"Denied. Answer in plank or ass, Cadet"

I could see the rusty gears turning in his head before he replied with ass. Figured as much. "Do you job and knock on the door twice with a gap and two knocks again. Then leave through the window and make sure that nobody sees you getting out of here to your room."

With that, I left butter fingers to his work and decided to show Officers what exactly they signed up for.

Roshesh had seen what Chief Darhk can do first hand so he had decided to include himself and Siddharth in the extra training with the Cadets. Therefore, they were already warmed up and ready for me from their time with the Cadets.

For the next hour, I rode Officer Roshesh and Officer Siddharth hard. There was not a single second of break in that hour. A second they missed was met with some extra weights and extra time.

With 50 kg backpacks, added weights to their waist and feet, which was atleast another 30 kgs, if not more, I had them doing push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups and timed runs.

When Cadet Arjun knocked on the door, I immediately asked them both to get in plank positions without removing the weights and set the timer to 3 hours.

Knowing I needed to build some extra stamina too, I wore those extra weights on me and dropped into push-up position right near the door where I could see both the Officers clearly.

Cursing and wincing at the pain, I kept going at a steady pace until the timer rang. Officer Siddharth and Officer Roshesh had fallen on their bellies or rested their bodies by getting their asses up in the air 4 times in those three hours. I can't have them getting me in trouble with Chief Darhk. He is going to own me as it is.

Cursing and shouting at them for not holding it, I ordered them for another 4 minutes of back, bellies and feet before letting them off for the night, well it is morning now. And quite late at that. I can't let them miss their work because of this and create suspicions.

Dismissing them, I walk into the room and decided to take a nap before resuming on the completing the task lists and reporting to Chief Darhk about my progress.