DOG HOUSE

AGENT PRESCOTT:

After arranging to change the training venue for further training, I stay back with Darcy.

She has yet to talk to me despite my best efforts. Well, I would not count them as efforts. How can peeping a second in with your head barely straight count? Chief has been on my case very hard. Thankfully though, he has allowed me 4 days to get my 'affairs in order' before he 'puts me in order'.

I am absolutely terrified of getting these days off. I'm definitely going to be paying dearly for them. But that is then. Right now, I have forgiveness to grovel for.

Once they leave, I go out and complete the errand Darcy gave me. I know exactly what I'm walking into but I do not see a choice. Actually, I do not wish to run away. I made a huge fucking mistake and I would do anything to reduce her anger or hurt.

I take all the items she asked for and walk upto Chief's room where she is waiting for me. Before I can tell her exactly how fucking sorry I'm, she sighs defeated, "Zip it, P. I can't go through with this if you say anything"

I have never seen her look like that. I am torn between hugging her for comfort or accepting her words and standing aloof. When she takes a minute longer, I ignore her words and hug her tight whispering in her ear, "This is your husband comforting you. The ass who hurt you is standing there waiting to be punished without remorse. Don't confuse the two." I don't let go unless I feel her shoulders relaxing.

This woman raised 2 kids on her own. She loved a man with so much baggage and no life. She stays calm even when everybody in her entire life places themselves in danger voluntarily and she has even grown her career. I have managed to reduce her to tears and kill the cool calmness of hers.

God, what have I done?

I let go of her and stand as I would before a senior on a night of orientation. She can have it all and then some more. I'm not here to make excuses or complain.

She gets on her knees and starts removing the cut wooden planks and the equipment. What is she doing?

I get my answer when she lifts the hammer up to drive a nail. Fuck no! "Are you purposefully trying to emasculate me, Dar? Do I have to grovel to do work for my own stupidity?"

She glares at me and I know what is coming. I take the risk to cut her off, "You can probably do it much better than me. But if I stand here doing nothing while you work for a mistake I made, you might as well fix that nail on me" I say it all in one breath.

Her glare makes me want to squirm in my place.

"Fine, you do it. Build it around you because you won't be able to get in"

I accept my fate and get to work. I follow her instructions and trap myself in the dog-house.

Once it is done, I look at her silently asking her what to do now! The dog house is of the exact length that fits my hips to my feet. I have to bend to fit in and if I want to look at her, I have to lag my head out. It is not much broad either. Just enough to fit my torso if I squeeze in forcefully.

My neck is stiff from sitting in the dog house with my back towards Darcy and my head out. I have to strain up and back to even look at her.