SURRENDER

OFFICER ROSHESH:

Kyra had come looking like she saw a ghost last night. But before she could say much, an order of lights out was announced and she got into her bed obediently. However, even after minutes, she was tossing and turning around and I knew that there is something serious bothering her. Normally, she is out like a light even before her head meets the pillow.

I wait to hear the even breathing of others before approaching Kyra and pulling her out of the sleep zone.

Once out, she immediately blurts out, "Some person is coming and Dad is terrified of him. He made the call to protect mom. Is she in danger?"

I have no idea of the fucking situation to give her an armed forces personnel's well-informed decision. But I know the big brotherly response that I must give. So, I pull her in tight for a hug and whisper, "She is in one of the most hidden-in-plain sight places I have ever known. She has the tighest security and two of the most badass people I have ever met as her shield. I think, if anything, the person hunting her should be afraid and not you. Dad would never keep silent about this. You, of all people, know that she will always be his No. 1 priority."

Kyra releases a silent laugh, "yup, and we are far far second to her. Sorry, I bothered you with this stupidity"

I give her my mega-watt brotherly smile while head-locking and nicely explaining how being a big brother works. I'm lucky to have that job. She is naive if she thinks I would trade her for anything. Lord save the poor sod who would fall in love with her. He has many men to get approval from!

KYRA:

Finally, I made it before Chief Darkh today! Yay! But before I could dance like a headless chicken and celebrate this victory, I see a hunched over man stretching his hamstrings! What in the holy hell is Agent Prescott doing here?

I get my answer soon enough when Chief Darhk takes in the scene and starts laughing. Agent Prescott returns it with a glare and for a moment, I think I'm in a different universe! Chief laughing and Agent Prescott glaring at Chief can't be happening here.

Until Chief speaks, "Don't worry, boy! It ia good to be prepared. I can't wait to meet the man" and he jogs off laughing leaving me with an open jaw. Damn! I need to play catch up now.

While I'm struggling to breath, both these men are barely sweating! How is this even possible?!

Before I could pass out though, Chief announces a break. Finally! Some air!

While I lay breatheless on the floor, giving my lungs holy gulps of breath, Agent Prescott is doing push-ups on Chief's counts. Fast. How he has the energy to do it is beyond me?!

Once I feel like death isn't suffocating me anymore, we start again with Agent Prescott leading the front and Chief Darhk bringing up the rear with his curses and threats on my ass.

AGENT PRESCOTT:
The only way I'll be anywhere near ready for his visit is if Chief Darhk pulled a number on me! And he is not going to do it unless I beg or volunteer! Chief really loves to milk it.

After the morning run, I gulp down the barely left dignity and offer him my ass for the next 18 days. I know it is already his but now, his hold will be much tighter. The last part of my humble request falls on deaf ears though. He makes a deal of 20 or nothing and I know that there is no way I can put myself to the kind of training required to meet Sir after a grand screw-up. Well, nobody can! You up your level, he ups his punishments too. You always come back wishing you were dead and at the same time, still continuing on any course he sets because you do not wish to disappoint again.

After handing over my ass, Chief ensures that I regret it within seconds starting with planks. Why would they not do anything else instead?

Holding my breath, cursing and grunting, I continue with these miniature seconds of torture until Chief is satisfied and my core and shoulder are alive and burning. 120 seconds of planks with 15 seconds of rest with only Hades knows how many reps definitely is not a good way to start.

The benefit of this location is the uncountable permutations and combinations of trainings one can receive. And I'm sure I'll be the one finding that figure out very soon.

After giving my core a few seconds to cool down, Chief asks me to hang up on the bar with one hand and do reverse crunches. Damn! I haven't done those since my training days. Getting on the pull-bar with Chief always meant that you had to pass a viva to get on the ground again.

After a few seconds, when my legs slow down, Chief speaks, "So, what does he know?"

I can answer that, "Everything, Chief"

He takes a second to nod, "Are you going to tell me how you got in KMA?"

I nearly lose my hold but managed to clench tight and grit out, "By passing the selection process, Chief"

"Yeah, and he allowed you to get in with all your baggage?"

Oh God! Not this again. He has been pestering me for details of things I cannot say to him ever! If he finds out, he will own my ass for eternity and even in afterlife.

"I'm not at liberty to answer that, Chief"

--
Author's note:
I know... I know.. It is too short.
But I have had the shittest week ever and right now, somebody moved my desk losing all my notes on the book!!

I am hungry, tired and sleepy! This is the best I could do today. I'll try to update a better one by the end of this week max.

Sorry fellas! Hope you have better lives than mine.