KILLED

2400 HOURS:

AGENT PRESCOTT:

The words that I had said to Chief were making me gulp in fear at the night that is surely coming for me.

As soon as he heard that I killed his twins, he looked at me and asked in a very calm voice, "Did you kill my god-sons, Prescott?"

No, Chief. They were fucking watermelons. They can't be kept alive for a long time. Too bad I can't answer that.

"Yes, Chief" I said praying that we or I, depending on Chief, don't get killed too brutually.

"Drop" is all he says and I know that prayers won't work now.

When we were pushing like our lives depend on it, Chief presses his foot on my fingers and speaks very calmly, "The entire team is going to thank you for this wonderful time"

Right now, my fingers are, Chief. But I hold my tongue from crying out loud. After involuntary tears were falling down, he lifts his foot off giving me some relief. I keep holding on to my tongue to stop myself from rubbing away the sting.

But before I could clear the water from my eyes, Chief throws the ruck sack and weight bags towards me and orders, "Roshesh or Kyra, take your pick"

Neither Chief. Neither. But I can't answer that so I do not answer. However, there is a price to pay for silence too.

"Put on the weights and get up on the pull-up bar" My fingers died under your shoes minutes ago, Chief.

Once I had doubled my weight and hung up on the bar, Chief hisses in a low tone, "I want 200 pull-ups for not answering the question and for every second you delay, add a 100 more" I gulp before speaking, "Roshesh, Chief". I would do a billion pull-ups for my kids but knowing Chief, it would still come to that. Better to not make him wait and make it worse for Roshesh.

I start the count out loud.

He smirks and speaks, "Everyone except Kyra is dismissed"

I speak, "Chief, please.." without missing the count.

He just glares at me and I immediately shut up before I put Kyra in any more trouble.

Once everybody is out of there, Chief speaks, "You only have 75 seconds left, Prescott. Hurry up" Shit! I curse at every pull-up for the effort it takes me to keep going at that pace.

Once I'm done, my arms are screaming at me but I stay hung knowing Kyra would be killed otherwise.

He gestures at me to get in plank and speaks, "Kyra, your father is being an overprotective stupid ass right now. He may train you but he has no intention of ever letting you in the field. So, you have a choice to make- accept his decision or change his decision. What would it be?"

I can feel Kyra's nostrils flaring even though I cannot see it. I open my mouth to stop her from making a grave mistake when Chief presses his foot hard on my back reminding me of the consequences.

Well, consequences be damned! I open my mouth to speak but Kyra beats me to it, "What shall I have to do, sir?"

Chief speaks,"You will have to get better at it. Way better than you are."

Without missing a beat, she says, "I'll try my best, sir"

Chief scoffs and speaks, "Little girl, trying does not cut it. You give everything and then some more to me every damn day. You do everything I say even when your body is screaming at you not to"

Kyra gulps but speaks, "I'll sir"

Chief lifts his foot from my shaking form and speaks, "You are relieved from your duty now, Prescott. From now on, she is responsible for you. She leads the team now"