WORLD RECORD

PRESCOTT'S POV:

I honestly would not have received better reaction if I had announced that beer will be served in all water breaks. The news of having some rest was met with the same type of reaction - disbelief, happiness and suspicion.

Except eating, all I did was sleep until I had to report back to him. Officer Siddharth and Kyra had gone for a short walk in the city and the entire team has gone for drinks the first night but everybody lazed around and slept in the entire second day.

At 0430 hours, I was the first one on the ground knowing what he expects me to do. After completing my run, I'm met with Chief Darhk looking at his watch. Well, here comes Grim Reaper to reap my happiness.

"About time, Prescott. Let's go." I silently follow him to the gym where I see Kyra stretching.

"Kyra, 20 squats, 10 push-ups, 20 walking lunges, 10 dumbell rows, 20 resistance band squats, 30 seconds plank and 20 seconds jumping jacks. 3 sets. Break in between. Go"

He turns towards me, "Prescott, I want a world record on plank timings in this week. Do you know what the current world record is?" Well, scythe is going to go down right on my abs.

"I don't know, Chief" Please don't kill me for this. If I knew we had a viva, I would have prepared for it.

"The record for longest time in an abdominal plank position (male) is 8 hours, 1 minute. Mao Weidong, of China, set the record on May 14, 2016.

The record for longest time in an abdominal plank position (female) is 3 hours, 31 minutes. Maria Kalimera, of Cyprus, set the record on Sept. 28, 2015. Unofficially, on 23rd May, 2019, Dana Glowacka (female) of Montreal broke the record by doing the plank for 4 hours 20 minutes. The Guiness Records have yet to change that."

I swear I sometimes think he makes these up. 90 seconds of plank is considered fucking exceptional. To hold it for 8 hours, you need to be mummified in that position. I would probably have a record for death by plank if he is serious about breaking this world record.

"You, male or a female, Prescott?"

Normally, I'm a donkey, idiot, dog or pet, depending on who you ask. Right now, Chief, I'm probably dust. This answer would however land me in heaps of trouble, after which I would still have to plank. Better to bring that scythe down on myself than try to avoid it.

"Male, Chief." Cheers to adding almost 4 hours of misery for having a different anatomy and some extra testosterones.

"We shall start with an hour then! Add one hour daily." Are you kidding me, Chief? It is the perfect example of impossible. There is no way I could achieve that.

My expression must have given it away because his next words make me jump out of my skin, "You might want to say that out loud so I can show you exactly how you achieve it" Fuck!

"Negative, Chief" I gulp at the words I'm about to use, "I'll try my best, Chief" Yes, I know how the word 'try' can kill me. But I need him to know that there is no way I can do that long plank.

"Oh, start with trying push-ups then?" Damn it! I get on all fours and pump one.

"I said try, not do a push-up, Prescott" I know, Chief. That lesson can't be forgotten. But please, Chief!