DAY 5 (CONTD.)

DAY 5(CONTD.)

1300 HOURS

OFFICER ROSHESH VAZA

I felt really guilty for adding almost 6 hours to Sid's torture. Two nights ago, after that noggie of his, I had to get back at him. I just wish I knew Agent Prescott would take him swimming. If I knew that, I would not have taken away all his swim trunks and hung them outside Agent Prescott's room.

And the evil genius part is, while he did get in trouble for not showing up in the ordered attire on time, I saved him lot many hours of torture by taking them down before Agent Prescott saw them and now he owes me one.

I wonder what Agent Prescott is up to. I knew he would give Sid an earful about the incident and probably some tasks or punishments but five nights of torture is taking it too far. He has barely had any sleep and he is occasionally made to skip meals, like today. Sid is a tough lad and would definitely complete all the tasks but why go through such extremities?

I guess I'll find out soon enough. We have a meeting in the interrogation room in a few hours. I'm sure, I'll know something by then.

--

2300 HOURS

INTERROGATION ROOM

OFFICER ROSHESH VAZA

I entered the interrogation room to find Agent Prescott already sitting there with a chair across from him. Knowing this is a meeting between Dad and son, I locked the door and took a seat across from him.

Without any small talk, he shouted, "Why the hell did you not tell me that Kyra was here? Actually, why did you let her join in the first place?"

I shrugged, "It was not my place to tell"

Angry at my gesture, he stood up, threw me on the ground, twisted my arm behind my back and said, "Let's try again in a nicer way this time."

It was the pain speaking when I said, "Yes sir"

Without releasing my hand, he said, "I'm listening"

I was trying not to cry at the pressure he was putting on the hand while I said, "Shhee wanted to tell you herrsellff. I figureddd that if Aarham came aftterr youu, shhee would be safe here, which is what you would have wanted. So, I agreed."

Taking a chance, I continued, "It really hurts. Can you please let go, sir?"

Releasing the pressure a little, he said, "Since you asked nicely, NO. You should have told me that" and with that the pressure was back on. I felt like my arm would break in two any second. Ignoring the pain was no longer an option, so I started pleading, "Sorry, sir. Yes, it was ..ahh ..your call to make. Can you please ..ahh ...let go of ....ahh ... my hand, sir? Please sir"

Without a word, he released my arm and strode off.

2300 HOURS

OFFICER'S MESS

OFFICER SIDDHARTH MISHRA

Everything is sore. I had managed to meet all his timings yesterday except the run with the planks along the scenic route. So, all my breaks were spent running or doing push-ups. I barely had any sleep since the Devil decided to show up and to top it off, I am starving. He actually did not even get me MREs. Just a few sips of water here and there to ensure that I wouldn't pass out from dehydration. Dear lord, I hope I make it through 2 more nights.

I don't know if and how much sleep he would allow or the next meal he would grant so I quickly wolf down as much food as I can stuff, ignoring the fact that I would only puke if I stuffed too much.