FATE SEALED LIKE THE DEAL

Dedicated to MandeepTamber6

KYRA:

It has been a week since Agent Prescott joined us here and I swear, this has got to be the hardest easy week I have ever had in my life! I know, a damn paradox, just like this location.

This place has a freaking large swimming pool despite being right across a beach. The place looks like a mansion from outside but it as empty as my stomach inside. Except 2 brand new beds and shit ton of equipments, nobody would even call this place a place.. It is that bare!

I am in awe of the place yet I hate it just as much. I have sweat everywhere and yet I feel that Darhk sir can find places and ways where I have not because this place is so freaking big.

Taking calming breaths, I focus on what is being taught in class by Agent Prescott and Darkh sir before I get myself in trouble. I have already learnt this from mom numerous times and I can recite this in my sleep. But when you have Devil and Hades taking your class, you can rest assured that they will find a way to screw you, especially when you are the 'leader'.

We have been learning medicine and while I find the field enjoyable and much familiar than pull-ups and variety of crawls, I do not find the methods of this learning as enjoyable as sitting on a comfy chair with AC on and understanding in a free manner with mom.

Anytime anybody makes a mistake, I pay. If Officer Siddharth fails to answer even one question in his viva right, I push right alongside him. Thankfully, one night in the infirmary with Darhk sir and Ashwin has forgotten all about his forgetful memory. You would not believe the amount of data he can retain and recall at moment's notice. I have yet to get the story out of him. He refuses to cough it up, no matter what I say.

Roshesh seems to be in the same boat as me. I never thought there would be negative-bias for being somebody's kids, but apparently, I know nothing. It is not like we entered in here with any favours from him, but I guess it is what it is.

Arjun and Agent Prescott are in the same boat, though I would say Agent Prescott always has it worse than others. Not that such worse is not required for the kind of things he wants to pull off. I may not have been let in the 'in-circle', but I know enough to know that going against Aarham without adequate back-up and planning is just stupidity. This is not some movie or sappy book that you go against such a man with a will to martyr and you would come back a winner; rather chances are you would come back dead and not in a good beneficial way either.

I am brought out of my reverie when Darhk sir orders everybody to crawl to the infirmary for a session. It won't be a training if we didn't have to do push-ups, sit-ups, runs or crawls, every chance we got.

I can see mom sitting at one corner of the infirmary, just like in our sessions, and enjoy the sight before her. She always use to tell Dad to practise the needle on himself. He can perfectly get in an IV and remove it, but only when it is on others. To put a needle in him is as difficult as putting a bullet in him.

I want to laugh at the face Agent Prescott makes when Darhk sir's back is towards him. This is the time he has been dreading. I always reminded him about it when he refused to visit infirmaries. Apparently, even Darhk sir knows about his dreads.

Both Arjun and Agent Prescott are our test subjects and Darhk sir is going to enjoy watching Agent Prescott hold it together despite the needles that we are going to be poking him with.