The Meeting - Part 2

Will's POV:

We stand in the correct posture holding our breaths despite knowing that each of our muscles are going to be crying at the end of this, if we do survive.

"Kadner, list your mistakes" Father must be really pissed to want to hear it all over again.

"I tried to get information .."

"From the start, Kadner" A shiver runs down Kadner sir. Well, sir, he is pissed at us beyond belief.

"I am training a team for a mission Sir does not approve. I got the mission sanctioned without Sir's approval from Sir's seniors. I involved an outsider in training for that mission. I tried to get information about a confidential mission without authorisation jeopardizing Major Wills' recovery" These words are going to be written on his grave if the flared nostrils are anything to go by. Thank God he did not use 'your'. His muscles will thank him for that.

"Go on, Kadner" he says with a tone that promises a bleak future

"Major Wills went on a mission not sanctioned.." No, Kadner sir! My muscles can't take any more of that. And that humiliation has me turning red as tomato. One such lesson is enough for a lifetime, sir!

"No need for that, Kadner" Thank you so much, sir! I don't think I can pay for that again.

"Major Louis tried to hide the fact of interrogation. Major Wills and Major Nick supported it by lying to Sir" Oh shit! This is like a double edged sword. His knowing what happened in that office saves us from failing in listing our mistakes but kills boss because nothing must go out of that office. And let us not think about what it means for us. Lying to him is a sin worse than being out of shape.

"Glad you covered that. Next?" The level of anger in that tone!

"Major Nick contacted me using Sir's confidants without permission and I answered his call giving information I had no right over and without permission" I do not need to look at Nick to know that he must have shivered at this. His confidants should never be violated at any cost.

"You are missing two very offensive points, Kadner"

The way he stutters tells me that we are about to crash. "I-I informed Chief.."

"Is that the correct word, boy?" he said with one eyebrow raised. Kadner Sir is going to hate the word 'inform' by the end of this.

"I lied to Chief about Sir's training methods for Sir's sons" My eyes bulge out at his words. But then again, any other words he used would have never satisfied father!

"And?"

Think, Kadner Sir, think before you die right here and drag us with you.

"S-sir, I don't know" he says shivering. I give up all hope here.

"Wills?"

Fuck me! I hope I'm right or else we are dead!

"Major Louis followed Kadner sir's instructions over Sir's" I dare not use 'your' if I wish to live! But damn, boss is going to hang me for these words if he lives to see another day.

"You agree, Kadner?" Boss, it was nice knowing you!

"Yes, sir" he says gulping

"Drop- all four of you. You are not getting up till tomorrow" Shit! I hope I don't disappoint him.

While we are on our fours, the tension is building.

"Tell me one word for each of your mistakes. Training a team without my permission. What shall we call it Nick?" Oh no! Nick is going to be shitting his pants.