❆CHAPTER 45: HIS PAST!❆

Yoongi keeps you with him till he completes his mission. You shiver and grab onto his collar. He pulls you closer,"You okay?"

"I feel scared."

"It's alright, I promise you're safe with me." He caresses your body in his cold arms, he's cold and freezing but at the same time his presence is warm.

Everyone gathers at an inn by 12 p.m. The members settle for a tea break much to your surprise and telling you that this is totally normal since you'll be here for two more days. He notices that you're somehow down for some reason and seem to be contemplating on something.

"Jimin, weren't you supposed to keep an eye on us?"you ask Jimin with an annoyed look as you sit next to him on the bar. "I was supposed to look out for the president since he was the one the demons were after."

You roll your eyes,"If it weren't for sunbae, I'd be dead."

Jimin laughs as he elbows Tae. "She thought she'd die."

Tae smiles at you,"Y/N...you had the reversing potion so of course you'd be alright even if hyung didn't arrive."

"Me?"

"Yeah,"Jungkook walks up to you guys,"apparently you were the member who can clearly fall out of the mist without any help. I think you did but the memory wasn't a good one for you?" He rests his arms on the table, leaning in forward and turning his head to look at you.

"It wasn't,"you turn your head down and stare at your hands. You want to know why was it your dad?

"I see,"Jungkook notices your sad expression. He bites his lip,"Hey do you wanna-"

"Everyone, get some rest." Namjoon gathers you all up,"We will head out the moment sun sets until then,"he pauses looking over at someone sitting on one of the tables, his lips curve up in a smirk,"you guys can rest up in room no.7."

You head upstairs with Yoongi accompanying you. Somehow he's the only member who wanted to rest except you. You don't find his presence awkward anymore, it's more or less...a bit comforting.

"We have six hours to rest,"he opens the door for you. "Thank you,"you give him a bittersweet smile as you walk in. It's a 14x17'' room with a window and a bed. There's a desk at one corner while there's a sofa with a table and a bottle of wine on it.

"Gather up strength,"he places his jacket by the sofa on the left corner. "The next task is about strength of the team. In front of others, you and I will head out with Jin-hyung. But on the back president, Taehyung and Jungkook will head out. Hoseok is better with strategies while Jimin's eyes are the sharpest thing we have, he will keep a lookout for everyone and pinpoint their locations." He sits on the sofa.

You pout sitting next to him,"He wasn't there yesterday-"

"That's because I was keeping track of you,"Yoongi glances at you, you notice his eyes are turning purple. "Me?"

"He knew I could keep you safe so he didn't bother otherwise Jimin never fails." You nod,"I don't think anyone can fail in the council, all of you are exceptionally amazing and powerful,"you smile to yourself,"I never thought I'd be here, as a part of something bigger than myself. I'm a simple human and I can't do anything at all."

"I think you forgot I've trained you myself,"he sighs,"if I didn't see any potential in you,Y/N...I would've never agreed to let you join this challenge. I'm not into taking cowards and misfits on my team...one black sheep can contaminate the whole flock no matter how important it is,"he crosses his arms and closes his eyes, resting his back against the back of the sofa.

"I've trained along with the best fighters out there and I have combat experience like no one else, I'd rather let my whole team be die with dignity than add someone who lacks skill into it. A bad chess piece doesn't stand on the chest board, it falls and fails it's team. The ones left will only have regrets and shame on themselves cause they had an incapable comrade among them."

"Isn't getting scared natural?"you ask.

"Getting scared is alright, but doubting yourself and letting others down with you is not allowed. In the matter of life and death, if you ever come to make a decision, be firm and confident enough to follow it." He opens his eyes slowly, they're still purple,"Living with regrets is worse than anything."

You slowly nod your head. 'Is he saying he has some regrets as well?Did something happen?' you desperately feel the urge to ask him about his past but it's not like he'd just tell you everything like that. Still you give it a try.

"Sunbae...did something happen to you in the past? I'm curious cause you sound like you went through something big-"

Yoongi sits up straight, he rests his arms on his thighs and leans in. 'I should just shove her away but why do I want to keep on talking with her?'he grits his teeth. You give him that bittersweet smile once again,"It's alright if you don't want to share it I won't-"

"I had five friends, I lost two of them to something great. It was all because we had a defected piece on the team who doubted himself and slowly his doubt grabbed onto our bond. His doubts killed two of our friends and turned him against us. He left the group while I was the only one left behind. If he had been scared like me and learned to put his trust in himself, maybe no one would've died and nothing would have come to this."

"I'm sorry I didn't know."

"That's why I put my trust into you, don't think I don't hate humans. You are none less than a burden to me but at the same moment, you're my teammate and if the others put their trust into you, so do I. I've also trained you, none of my syllables has ever failed me, I'd like to hold onto that."

You sigh and smile at him, you don't blame him for not trusting you even after how long you two have been together. He just told you his past, of course he has some trust on you...or maybe it's his way of testing you out.

"Don't worry, I won't be a burden on you or anyone."

He glances at you,"I'd appreciate it."

'He's still cold but he's getting warmer.' You smile to yourself,'It's a very long camp.'

"Get some sleep, we'll have a lot of things to face tomorrow,"he gets up. You part your lips to inquire where he's going but he heads to the bed and falls on it. "I expected that,"you chuckle and lay on the sofa.

"Goodnight,"you chide.

"Hmm." He falls asleep and after a few minutes, so do you drift off to sleep.

'Huh...didn't he say there were five friends? but he only told me what happened to four of them. What happened to the fifth one?'

~

LOvE SO whAt anD BTS