♝ CHAPTER 46: CHANGING THE GAME!♝

"Stay along the west wall,"Seokjin whispers to you. You steadily step towards the left wall of an abandoned building you guys are occupying. You raise your hand to signal him that everything's clear there. He nods at you.

He makes hand signs and signals for you to check if someone's been there. You rub two fingers on the mud, if it's moist somehow then it means someone's walked past there but if it's firm, then no one has been there yet. The mud is moist. Jungkook taught you that.

"Someone's been here,"you dust your fingers against your shirt. You clutch on the dog whistle in your pocket.

'The mud is too moist.'

"Sunbae,"you whisper shout. "There is someone still here, I can feel it!"

Seokjin nods at you again. "Head out, Y/N and tell Yoongi to check the outer banks."

You walk outside of the building, it looks like an old abandoned church. 'What is a church doing in this world?' you frown walking out in the open grounds. The task this time is to mark a piece of land, three of the members are out on the hunt. This area has hardly enough food for four teams. To show survival the teams must have everything planned out and ready. It evaluates the mental and strategical basis of each academy and sets out an image of how the academies work.

In the recent competitions Vamprel and Ilanomaw are always ranked at top for their deep routes in such areas. Ilanomaw is the a demon and devil based academy. Why are demons so feared? they control your fears and these fears lead to the individual's death. They excel in letting your fears take control over you. Mr.Dragon once told you guys about a feud between a vampire and a demon.

The fight only led to the vampire eating up silver blades because he feared his wealth would be lost. When he was investigated, this trick was revealed. Later on, vampires learned to take control of their fears and thoughts in front of any creature they faced. The most skilled in this skill is Jungkook, no one has ever been able to read his mind or heart. He learned to excel in this ability at the age of 7 and since then Namjoon had his eyes set on Jungkook.

You call out to Yoongi.

"Sunbae!"

No one answers. You call out to him once again. Still no one answers. You walk a little further but the path ended with some broken logs in the way. You walked to the other side of the building.

"Sunbae if you're hiding or testing my patience in this place then don'-"

"He's not here,"a man calls out from behind you. Your hair stand at their edges as you feel his presence behind you. He stands with a dark long coat and a grin plastered on his face.

"I figured he's not in this place,"he laughs. You turn back to face him with horror.

"Don't look at me like that, it brings back old memories,"he laughs.

"D-dong Wook,"you whisper.

He gives you an amused glance,"You remember my name, well that's a relief."

"Why are you here?"you clench your sword and grab a hold of your dog whistle. Although your legs are trembling, you still manage to hold up yourself.

"Do not worry, I'm not here to harm you, Y/N,"he raises his hands in defense,"I'm unarmed and I have no intention of fighting with your sword or bloody psi hound."

"Then why are you here?"you ask drawing out your sword.

"Y/N...haven't you thought about the reason why you even ended up here in Vamprel of all places? I believe they haven't even told you about why you being a human is so unique to your existence when humans should be a part of their daily food chain."