Ch. 33 Let it Burn

"Wait. Stop. No. Burn... here? Dabi, this is my building. You can't just - "

But he'd already walked away and started giving orders to the other League members who'd arrived, leaving you standing on the sidewalk like he hadn't just told you that he was about to set fire to literally everything.

"Dabi." You ran up and yanked on his jacket to get his attention. "Are you fucking kidding me right now?"

As he quickly turned back to you, his blue eyes stared at your hand clutching his jacket before meeting your own eyes. You watched Dabi's expression closely, looking for some sign, any sign really, that he was kidding around.

But he was not.

"You are worried about me. I get it," he smirked. Dabi roughly pulled you against him, his other hand sliding down your back and cupping your ass, the heat from his fingers obvious even through the pockets on the back of your pants.

"Like hell I am!" Shoving back against him, you tried unsuccessfully to push his hands away. "You can burn with it for all I care, let go of me."

"Never," he smiled down at you, bringing his face close enough that all he had to do was whisper. "You can hate me all you want, little girl, but at the end of the day, when all of these heroes are dead and gone, I'll still be here. I'll be all you have."

Heroes? Why was he thinking about heroes right now? It didn't matter. His hand was getting hotter by the second and you had to get him off you to go warn people.

Of all the fucking things right now, Dabi looked like he was about to kiss you, but instead you reared back and spit on his face.

You expected... well, you didn't know what you expected. You expected him to let you go, but.... He didn't.

It seemed like there was just a second of initial shock, but then he grinned. Flames danced in his hand and in his eyes, and his voice was low, dangerous.

"You're angry. Good. I'm angry, too. It doesn't matter what you do, y/n. When all of this is done, you will still be mine, and I... I will be your god."

Holy hell he's insane.

"Hey, everyone!" Dabi suddenly shouted. The villains stopped to stare at him, wondering what else he was going to say. Dabi grabbed the back of your neck and held you out in front of him. "This is my girl. If she gets in the way, get her out of there. I'm the only one who gets to burn her."

"Now that sounds like love!" you heard the girl giggle.

"Now go. We have heroes to kill."

At that, the other villains scattered after getting their instructions, the girl villain practically skipping away, all of them apparently totally okay with all of this.

"Heroes don't live here, Dabi. Tell them to stop," you in begged. "You can't.... The whole building? We have to get all of these people out of here."

"Your whole building is full of crooks anyway. Boss man told me to do what I want, and this is what I want."

"Murder? That's what you want? Because that's what's about to happen. All of these people, their homes, their possessions..."

"Oh. Are you worried about your stuff? Don't be. I'll get you new stuff."

"Who cares about that, you lunatic!" you yelled, hitting him in the chest with your fist. Not that it did any good. He didn't even flinch. "There are innocent people living here, Dabi. We need to-"

"We don't need to do anything other than watch it all burn, baby. But I'm not totally heartless. I'll give you a little head start if you want to try to warn people."