Ch. 57 Fired, Again.

"Shit."

The word came out of your mouth before you even knew what was happening.

Dabi was taking long strides toward you and Bakugo, like an angry panther silently stalking its prey.

At the sound of your voice Bakugo looked over his shoulder. "Not this fucker again," he muttered. "Go!" Bakugo shouted at you, releasing your hand, his arm coming up to fire back at Dabi. 

But before Bakugo even had a chance to launch an explosion, a blur of red and yellow flew in behind Dabi, the weight of Hawks's body pushing Dabi to the ground with Hawks on his back.

Bakugo went to fire anyway, but you grabbed onto his to stop him. "If you hit him, you'll hit Keigo too."

"Don't care," Bakugo growled, until you grabbed tighter. 

"But I do," you insisted. 

"You two," Keigoa shouted at you both as he struggled with Dabi. "Go!"

"Fucking bird," Dabi cursed, trying to roll over and shove him off, but Hawks held him firm, shoving Dabi face down onto the carpet and pinning his arms behind him.

"As much as I want to kick his ass," Bakugo said, "I'm getting you out of here." 

"Not until I do this!" You broke away from Bakugo, and as soon as you were close enough, you reared back and kicked Dabi in the head as hard as you could.

Immediately his body went limp. He wasn't knocked out, but the blow had been enough to get him to stop struggling.

"Oh shit," Keigo said, still holding onto Dabi's arms, even though there was no longer any resistance. "Y/n." His golden eyes stared at you in disbelief. "Where did that come from?"

You stood in front of him, chest heaving, blood racing, feeling like you could run an entire marathon, twice, right this second if you wanted to. 

"Nice job," Bakugo patted you on the back. "I knew you had it in you." 

"So do we kill him now?" you asked in between breaths.

"What?" both guys said.

"Y/n... no...we're not..." Keigo looked to Bakugo for confirmation.

"I'm kidding. Sort of."

"Uh..."

"Can I at least kick him again?"

"I mean... " Keigo shrugged. "I won't stop you..." 

Before you could, Bakugo grabbed Dabi by the back of his shirt and yanked him away from Hawks. He started walking, dragging Dabi behind him, not waiting for you and Hawks to catch up.

"We need to get him out of the hallway," Bakugo shouted over his shoulder. "I'll put him in one of those dressing rooms until the police get back here."

"Wait." You crouched down next to him and opened up Dabi's jacket. You took out the rope he'd stashed in his pocket, holding it up. "Tie him to the chair in there. I need a minute with him first." 

Bakugo nodded, knowing you deserved that and more. After Bakugo tossed him into the room, Keigo immediately got to work tying Dabi to the chair.  Thankfully Dabi's eyes didn't start to flutter until the last knot was tied off. 

"Looks like he's waking up. I'll get the police," Keigo told you as he headed for the door. "That should give you a couple minutes to say whatever you need to say." 

"Oh, I have lots to say."

Keigo smiled. "I bet." He took one last look at you before he left the room and nodded. You nodded back and for once you were grateful that Keigo understood the gray area between heroes and villains.