I wish I knew what was going on

"...What are we gonna do with her?"

What's going on?  Everything hurts. Who's voice is that?

"What do you mean?!"

Hawks?

"Well obviously she belongs in Tartarus."

Are they talking about me? What happened?

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Absolutely not. She a hero."

The occasional beeping of the EKG machine made me realize that I was in a hospital. 

"She's a traitor."

"You have some nerve. She saved countless people, her judgement was clouded for a second, but she chose us."

"The power she unleashed- should she have another lapse in judgement, she would be too dangerous. We all saw it, Hawks."

What power?

"That power saved lives. Get out of this fucking room before I remove you myself."

I heard a loud sigh and then I heard a door open and slam shut. 

What had happened? The last thing I remember was Best Jeanist showing up... and then nothing. 

"Kid, I'm sorry. You don't deserve this. Your heart's in the right place, I won't let them do anything to you. Those Hero Commission assholes are just out for blood. Just wake up soon, okay? We'll clear everything up."

My eyes fluttered open. I looked to the side and saw Hawks sitting next to me. He held his head in his hands and glared at the floor. He was clearly frustrated. He was clearly injured. 

"You look awful," I croaked. 

Hawks' head shot up, and he looked teary eyed as we made eye contact. He grinned and let out a light laugh, "You should see yourself," and he leaned in to hug me. 

"Hey! Ow- my ribs! I'm literally in a hospital bed, squeeze lighter!"

"Sorry, sorry," he laughed, "You're awake! I was so worried. You took quite a fews hits, (Y/N)."

"One too many apparently, I don't even remember what brought me to this state."

"You don't?"

I shook my head, "I remember seeing Best Jeanist... then nothing."

Hawks frowned. 

"What? What'd I do?"

"Don't worry about it, (Y/N)."

"Hawks?"

"Yeah?"

"Am I going to jail?"

"Absolutely not."

"What happened to Enji-San and Todoroki?"

And Touya?

"They're fine."

I guess they don't wanna see me. Not that I could blame them. 

"Who else came to visit me?"

"Your m-"

"Actually never mind," I let out a dry laugh, "That guy was right, I belong in Tartarus."

"What you did aren't the actions of someone who belongs there."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll remember (Y/N). Just remember. You are a hero."

How could I be?

☾☾☾

Hawks had left leaving me alone with my thoughts. I requested that he didn't tell anyone that I had woken up yet. At least not until I had figured out what the hell had happened. My thoughts were scrambled, and every time I tried to think about what happened, I was flooded with a feeling that filled me with unease. 

I was confident no one else would visit me after my crimes, but I detested the alone time. I got up, with great difficulty, and paced around the room, holding the glass of water Hawks had brought me. On the bedside table, there was a jar of my mother's healing substance with a note attached, telling my to take it when I woke up. I hadn't touched it yet, even though I knew it would make me feel much better. 

Suddenly I heard the door open, my back was to the door, but since nobody knew I was awake, I assumed it was Hawks. 

"You're back? What's up Chicken Wi-" I turned and my eyes widened and I dropped my glass of water. The sound of it shattering echoed throughout the room. 

"(Y/N)-chan?"

"F-Fuyumi-chan. I'm so s-"

I was cut off my her leaping forward and embracing me. I stood stiff in disbelief as Fuyumi's  arms wrapped around my body.

"(Y/N)," Fuyumi sobbed into my shoulder, "I'm so happy you're awake," her voice was muffled, and she hugged me tighter. 

The door creaked open fully to reveal Natsu and Shoto in the doorway. They both looked at me, but I couldn't tell what they were thinking at all. 

Fuyumi continued to sob into my shoulder, and I lifted a hand and put it on her back. I heard her sobs start to slow and she pulled away, holding me at arms length. 

"Fuyumi-Chan," My voice broke but I composed myself, "I'm so sorry. I should have told you, I looked at Natsu and Todoroki, I should have told all of you, but-"

"It must have been so hard for you," Fuyumi looked as if she was on the verge of tears again. 

"What?"

"I'm sorry you had to carry that burden yourself."

Natsu walked up to us, "You don't have anything to apologize for. Touya is so far gone. I'm sorry."

"But," I tried to speak in between sobs, "But I'm a traitor! I-"

This time it was Shoto who walked up to me, "Traitor? Senpai, don't you remember? You saved me."

"What? I don't remember."

"You used a power I had never seen you use before. It was incredible."

"I don't-"

And suddenly, it all came rushing back. 

That feeling. 

The blood lust. 

 (A/N) : Well would you look at that... Guess who's back!