Decision Day (Part One)

Everything I do, I do for Touya.

I sat on a couch in the Liberation Army's hideout, waiting for the heroes to arrive. Scratch that. Dreading the heroes' arrival. I didn't have an idea of what I was going to do. I didn't know what to do. I shut my eyes tight and prayed, begged, that the heroes wouldn't come. That I could live in my in-between world. That I could have everything.

Foolish.

I felt the entire building rumble.

They're here.

I watched as troops from the army ran outside to meet the heroes. No one had noticed me yet, and I was glad. No heroes were inside the building yet either, so I was currently "safe". I simply sat, and watched the world unravel in front of me. Watched as the "Revolution" begun.

A hero-less society.

At what cost?

I hadn't seen Dabi, Hawks, or Katsuki. Class 1-A was involved in today's battle. I would see them soon.

As an enemy, or as an ally?

I laughed and threw my head back. Nothing particularly funny happened. But at this moment I wanted to scream in frustration or cry, but my emotions didn't seem to respond to me. So, I laughed.

Maybe Katsuki will finally get his fight.

I shook my head. What a twisted way to think. That would be ironic, wouldn't it? I closed my eyes, drowning out the sounds of fighting from the distance. I had to do something. Go outside? Find Dabi? I was no good if I sat here, idle, not lifting a finger for either side. Somehow, that seems worse. Still. I did nothing. I sat in my spot, for god knows how long. I heard blasts and screams. My phone even buzzed a few times.

Still, I sat immobile for what felt like hours, weighing my options. Thinking about what I should do.

Then, I felt something brush by me, and my eyes shot open.

A feather.

A red feather.

Hawks.

He can control his feathers. He was probably looking for me. He knew I was in this building. He wanted my help. The feather circled me.

What do I do?

Even if I do choose the League, I wouldn't want Hawks to get hurt. Of course, I would come to his aid. As long as he wasn't fighting anyone like Dabi, I should be fine.

The thing about Hawks' feathers was that they have amazing vibrational abilities. Meaning, Hawks could distinguish sounds, or voices, as long as his feathers were near something he needed to hear. This made him an amazing spy.

"I'm here, Hawks," I said out loud. I was sure if he concentrated in the slightest, he'd know it was me. Clearly, I was correct, because the second those words left my mouth, the feather started moving up the stairs. I'm guessing I was supposed to follow it. I followed the feather up the stairs, and down the hall.

Then I stopped.

Half the hallway on this side of the building was up in flames.

Azure Flames.

The hallway crumbled, and there was a huge gap between me and what was ahead.

The feather drifted past the gap and fell to the ground right next to Hawks' head. Dabi and Hawks had yet to notice me, with Dabi's foot roughly pressing against Hawks' body.