Chapter 49

Lucas

Sitting back down looking at Essence with a warm smile.

"I had no clue Eden and Kendric were doing this, but I'm not disappointed you are my date for tonight."

"Thank you, Lucas, by the way, you look handsome tonight."

"Thanks" I reply with a warm smile as I continue, "How was your therapy session today, or am I allowed to ask?"

Before Essence could speak, we are interrupted by a waitress, "what can I get you two to drink?"

"Can we get a bottle of Alexana Pinot Noir wine?" I request.

"I will get you a bottle right away, sir. I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I can't help it. You two look so perfect together. I am happy to be your waitress tonight just to see you two. I mean, ma'am you are gorgeous and sir you are handsome. The way you compliment each other. I'm sorry I'm rambling. I will get your wine, well someone else will bring it because I am not old enough, I will be back to take your order." She states with a smile then leaves.

I smile at Essence, "she was full of energy."

"I don't know what to do." Essence blurts out then realizes what she said. A sad look slowly begins to spread across her face.

"What are you talking about?"

She remains silent gazing into my eyes.

"We should go and forget about this." She speaks.

"Essence, talk to me. I promise I will not hurt you."

Watching as she takes a deep breath, "I have never been out on a date, I don't know what to do or say." She articulates staring at the floor.

Standing up walking over to her, slowly lifting her head so our eyes are locking, "Essence, we were set up not that I am not happy about it because I am. I get to spend time with you and get to know you more. Yes, our son with help did this, but in time I would like to take you on a real date, one not set up by our six-year-old son and his messy aunt."

Taken her hands in mine, "right now, you need to focus on yourself and building a relationship with Kendric. He has missed out on having a mom and you have missed out on your son. I want you healed before we pursue anything together that's what matters. I will be here with you every step of the way. I not going anywhere, Essence." I state placing a soft kiss on the back of her hands.

"Lucas," she says my name softly.