Chapter 56

Let me start by apologizing for the late update. As y'all know my Goddaughter died, a few short months later, and her brother was brutally murdered. I have been helping my best friend through all of this.

This chapter was going to be super long but I have broken it into two chapters. The next one will be updated soon. If nothing else goes wrong look out for more frequent updates. I love y'all. ❤❤❤❤

Lucas

(A year and a half later)

Six months prior

Walking outside seeing Evan sitting on the sidewalk with his head hanging low. Went over to him taking a seat next to him.

“Do you want to talk about it?” His tear-stained face looks up at me as he fell apart.

“I’m here, we all are here,” I tell him holding him as he cries.

“Why is this happening to us, what did we do to deserve this indescribable pain,” he speaks through his muffled cries.

6 months before this moment

“Look at you and your prom date.” Essence says while laughing holding the picture.

Snatching the picture of her hand while Eden joins her laughing.

“Daddy, you look like Johnny Bravo?”  question causes Eden and Essence to laugh harder.

“Eden, why did you bring these pictures out?” I ask annoyed

“Kendric, I think your dad thought he was going to be Johnny Bravo before Johnny even became a thing.”

Kendric’s laughter fills the air as he speaks, “daddy you wanted to be a carton person.”

“For your three information, this was the style back then.”

“Correction, it was your style.” Eden states.

“Kendric, ask your momma where her prom pictures are?”

“I think Dre has a few pictures of us from prom, Lucas.”